Need info on certain elements in Focused 1.9.5

clayc_989

Reaction score
I've beeen running Focused since .5 and have been overly pleased with the latest offerings (specifically 1.9.0.) However, there are some things that I would like changed to better suite my tastes. If anyone could point me in the right direction on how I could do the following, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not a fan of the new status bar or the notification drop down, the black is cool but the glowing green borders in the drop down are bugging me. What do I need to edit to get possibly the status bar that is found in sephtin's black bar mod for 1.9.0 (haven't looked at the site to see if its available for 1.9.5 and if I spelled your name wrong, sorry.)

Also, im not sure where to even start editing the keyboard colors, but if I could be directed to that, I'd be much abliged. Also, the new keyboard seems to be a bit laggy compared to the old one, is this some sort of speed tweak that can be adjusted?

While on the subject of the keyboard, what do I need to edit to tweak the word prediction? There seems to be some words that aren't being used as the first predicted like "im" not changing to "I'm" and a few others.

Lastly, what do I need to do to change the check box image? I like the idea but, they just aren't doing it for me.

Other than that, I like the black theme going on with the ROM, its running smooth and battery life is decent. Not sure if its as good as 1.9.0 but its close and gingerbread is starting to grow on me.

Thanks,
-clay

Droid74

Reaction score
Is that all? Try a theme out.

*shakes head*

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

clayc_989

Reaction score
That's not the point. I want certain elements of this *themed* version of Focused to be edited to my liking. I am asking for advise how to do this myself, mostly to learn. If I wanted some other theme, I would have downloaded and applied it. Don't take me to be ignorant, its not appreciated.

Droid74

Reaction score
Point is there are no easy answers to those questions. If you want to learn how to theme id go over to XDA and search there forums. They have an excellent guide to theming there. And the only one suggesting you are ignorant is yourself....and I can't help you there.

OP
C

clayc_989

Reaction score
...and that is why I asked. There are plenty of people here who create nice themes. I would hope they could at least leave some sort of sane starting point. I've gone through any and all theming related posts I can find, the problem is the generic nature of such posts. Sure I can get the tools needed but as far as knowing what controls what, without going in and looking through every file in the framework and toying with it, I'm lost.

droid_freak

Reaction score
...and that is why I asked. There are plenty of people here who create nice themes. I would hope they could at least leave some sort of sane starting point. I've gone through any and all theming related posts I can find, the problem is the generic nature of such posts. Sure I can get the tools needed but as far as knowing what controls what, without going in and looking through every file in the framework and toying with it, I'm lost.

In some cases that is the point of learning. This is why the guides are as you say generic. You have to be willing to spend the time playing with the files and learning the structure. The guide in the Droid forum here is a great way to get started. There is no easy shortcut that I know of for this, lots of sweat and tears.

OP
C

clayc_989

Reaction score
In some cases that is the point of learning. This is why the guides are as you say generic. You have to be willing to spend the time playing with the files and learning the structure. The guide in the Droid forum here is a great way to get started. There is no easy shortcut that I know of for this, lots of sweat and tears.

I understand this, however you can't seriously tell me that there is no one who knows the main file(s) to look at for a specific element in the Android platform. Looking through the framework for pretty much every Rom / Theme, and its 99% the same in terms of file names.

This is all I'm asking for: "Hey guys what files are assoiciated with 'x', and possibly 'y'?"

ZombieSixShot, I don't appreciate smartass comments for nothing more than having asked some questions.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
OP
C

clayc_989

Reaction score

Unfortunately, yes I have. Thank you though.

Being ignorant is not neccessarily a bad thing....being that you are TRYING to learn. Here's a link to AllDroid.org that got me really learning about changing these files: Changing the "Verizon Wireless" on lockscreen/statusbar on Deodexed 2.2!! (bonus adb tutor - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board - Changing the "Verizon Wireless" on lockscreen/statusbar on Deodexed 2.2!! (bonus adb tutor - Droid X Releases - Al and what tools will help you do so. Good luck.

I'll definately check that out. Thanks.

akiles

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, I had the same impression when I first saw it. Their instructions, while comprehensive, do not seem to be applicable to rubix. I was looking thru the rom zip to find the battery images but no luck. But I am completely ignorant about this stuff. Meh...
If you find something please share. Sharing is caring :)