need help with the 2.3.4 BaMF Rom

livetoskateaz

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a thunderbolt and am wanting to do my first rom the 2.3.4 GB rom that leaked earlier this week, but i was wondering since I have never done this if someone that is experianced and has this rom on their thunderbolt would be willing to help me...over the phone that is I just want to make sure i do this right since this is my first time...thank you for reading and hopefully i get a reply with someone willing to help me out...thanks again!:)

wow, nobody...crazy. guess i will have to wait a little bit for some help.

Download Rom Manager and open, flash clockwork recovery,Put the GB Rom of your choice (named whatever.zip), and the GB radio (named PG05IMG.zip) on the root (not in any folders) of your sdcard, boot to recovery, make a backup,when that's done wipe data/factory reset x2, install zip from sdcard, choose zip, find the Rom from the list, when it's done, battery pull, boot phone while holding down on volume, a white screen will appear and scan for the PG05IMG.zip, press volume up when it says to update, reboot when done.

Good luck and report back

when u update the radio, is it like on the droid where u have to reactivate the phone? I ask because i live EXTREMELY close to a U.S. Cellular tower at home, and the one time i tried to install a new radio on my droid when it went to activate it picked up the U.S. Cellular tower and i had to get a new phone....verizon couldnt even get it back to their network. Dont want that to happen to my TB so i have been hesitant to get GB since it pretty much requires the new radio....

when u update the radio, is it like on the droid where u have to reactivate the phone? I ask because i live EXTREMELY close to a U.S. Cellular tower at home, and the one time i tried to install a new radio on my droid when it went to activate it picked up the U.S. Cellular tower and i had to get a new phone....verizon couldnt even get it back to their network. Dont want that to happen to my TB so i have been hesitant to get GB since it pretty much requires the new radio....

Nope, no reactivation needed ...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Didn't think about that it has a sim card......loaded GB up and WOW! Almost to big of a system footprint though .... Definatly have to remove ALL the HTC junk and much better

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

so this new TB GB leak that came out is supposedly bricking phones!!! that's the biggest issue that is coming out from the devs who have stopped developing it until a more stable leak comes out. I ran das bamf 2.1 GB Sense for a few days and out of nowhere it just kept rebooting or i would lose 3g and voice same time and missed so many calls/txt. thankfully someone made a new radio that allowed me to go back to my backup otherwise i wouldve been screwed. but that's just my opinion you can do what you want. but you will have to install the 2.3.4 first and then the gb radio. CM7 is and alternative

Back