Need help with my droid 2!

LolMoments

Reaction score
Okay so I've had my phone for about 9 months now, and the last month or so it's been acting up. The physical keyboard double-triple types letters for instance, "Hey what's up" Turns up as "Hheyyy whhaatttts uppp" And sometimes it works perfectly. Also sometimes my phones power buttons gets sticky and i have to pull it back up with my fingure nail and it'll sometimes turn off my phone then turn back on. Also, how can i completely reset my phone to when i first bought, except keep my contacts? Thanks a lot :p

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to replace the keyboard, which is fairly simple as I just completed it myself. You can purchase them on eBay.

However, check your warranty status with VZW first.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

sloffredo98

Reaction score
u should go into the setting and select restore to factory defult

Lenagainster

Reaction score
If you bought your D2 new from VZW, and it's only 9 months old, you should still be under warranty. That sticky power button should be enough to get you a certified like new replacement. If not, I'd first try getting rid of any alternate keyboard apps you might have installed and see if that helps eliminate the multiple letters.

stacey93085

Reaction score
I get the same problem. I got my Droid 2 last december and it started to do that also. I have given up with certified like new phones. There just a waste of time for me. I get phones that either just don't turn or even have problems worse then I had with my original phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will say it again; the only fix for this problem is physically replacing the keyboard. This isn't a software, nor app, issue. That said, contact VZW before making any changes yourself.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I had nothing but problems with every d2 and d2g they sent me. I some to a supervisor and. Hot. A. Dinc2 and. Would never go back to a. D2

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk