Need help with media organization.

djonathang

Reaction score
Hello All,

I absolutely love my Droid X. I've got this thing perfectly dialed in to meet my needs with the settings and apps.

The last area is media organization. I previously had an iPhone. When I downloaded music, it went to a music folder, a podcast went to podcasts, and videos went to videos, etc.

With the Droid X, I can't seem to figure out the system. When I open up the music app, I have all of the aforementioned in the same place.

Is there a way to instruct the unit/app to place each one in a specific folder? I know I'm missing something.

Right now I'm using DoggCatcher for my podcast acquisition, and the resident music app for listening.

Thank you for your guidance on this.

DG

ekf028

Reaction score
Haven't ever used it, but I think double twist is as close to itunes as you can get. It both an app and a desktop program. Me, I just plug it into the pc and drag and drop the files to where I want them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

djonathang

Reaction score
EKF028,

I'm fine doing it as you suggest. When you connect to the computer, do you use: PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, or USB Mass Storage mode?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

DG

ekf028

Reaction score
I always use mass storage mode, and you can use pc mode as well. Haven't tried windows media sync

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PhoenixPunk

Reaction score
Related to this, does anyone have any recommendations for picture organization on the Droid x/2? My wife wants a way to easily create folders to organize her pictures. Are there any super easy drag/drop style organizers out there?