Need help with keeping root on my bionic

gmflyer23

Reaction score
HELp,
I'm on 5.9.902 and my phone is rooted. My question is, how do I take the factory ota of 5.9.905 and still be rooted. I know that moto and verizon are working on ics and will release this software soon. I'm trying to get ready for this and all the info that I have read is not so clear to me. I currently have my update"ota 5.9.905" from Verizon frozen with root tools however, I want to un freeze the ota and install 5.9.905 and then be rooted and ready to take the ICS software when released. Please help understand how to achieve this. It would be greatly appreciated. Still waiting for help with my problem. PLEASE ANYONE WILLING?

faganm24

Reaction score
HELp,
I'm on 5.9.902 and my phone is rooted. My question is, how do I take the factory ota of 5.9.905 and still be rooted. I know that moto and verizon are working on ics and will release this software soon. I'm trying to get ready for this and all the info that I have read is not so clear to me. I currently have my update"ota 5.9.905" from Verizon frozen with root tools however, I want to un freeze the ota and install 5.9.905 and then be rooted and ready to take the ICS software when released. Please help understand how to achieve this. It would be greatly appreciated. Still waiting for help with my problem. PLEASE ANYONE WILLING?

I'm not sure about keeping root, but 905 and 246 are both root able. Try House of Bionic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mike8016

Reaction score
Voodoo Ota root keeper

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Never used voodoo rootkeeper. Is it difficult to use? Ive heard of this working for some folks and some others it had failed. Do you have to be complete stock 902 rooted and unfreeze my bloat before using? I don't need a computer to use or do I? If I can take the ota update and maintain root without losing data, then that would be the easiest way to go. I'M without my computer at the moment.