Need Help with Facebook App on Droid

Michael221

Reaction score
I just bought the Verizon Droid yesterday. My roommate was looking at it and decided to sign into facebook via the app on the Droid...which is the first time anyone had signed into facebook via my Droid app because I hadn't yet used it.

He went ahead and said YES to everything and got signed in under his facebook account. After he used it, he logged out.
But now when I click on the facebook app, it signs into his account automatically...and it doesn't ask me if I want to link up my facebook account to all of my friends like it asked him when he signed in for the very first time.

Anyway, I was wondering how I can completely delete his facebook info off of my Droid. It's kind of annoying that it's recognizing his account as the main facebook account when it's my phone. And now my phone is completely linked with all of his facebook friends...and not mine!
I tried deleting the app to reinstall it, but the Droid wouldn't let me do that.

So what do I do to get a fresh start on the facebook app under my account?

Thanks,
~Michael

Odysseus

Reaction score
Hit the menu button while on the home screen. Go to the accounts and sync section. Click on his facebook, hit the remove button on the bottom. Add another account from the same menu.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Hit the menu button while on the home screen. Go to the accounts and sync section. Click on his facebook, hit the remove button on the bottom. Add another account from the same menu.

That "should" removed all the synced contacts and such I'd hope.

Stigy

Reaction score
I would FIRST go to the Facebook application and click Menu > Logout.

Then go head and go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync
Click his Facebook account and then click Remove Account

That should take care of it fully.

OP
M

Michael221

Reaction score
I appreciate the help! However, I'm not sure where the "Menu" button is while I'm on the Home screen.

Is it the "four-lined" button at the bottom in between the "previous" button and the "home" button?

Also, if I click on the facebook app, it takes me to a view of his facebook profile where I can click on his Wall, Info, or Photos and I can Update his status and see his entire news feed.

But there isn't an option for logging out anywhere. While on this facebook app, where would the Menu button be located? Again, is it the "four-lined" button? Because when I click on that while in the FB app...it just asks me if I want to "refresh".

Thanks again!

~Michael

Stigy

Reaction score
The Menu button is the button with the four lines in between HOME and BACK

D

DroidMastar

I'm not trying to be rude, but how do you not know where the menu button is?

OP
M

Michael221

Reaction score
hahaha...i guess I'm just not savy (and cool in your case) enough to be labeled as a Droid masta.

OP
M

Michael221

Reaction score
While on the FB app under his account, I hit Menu...but it didn't give me the option of logging off. It just gave me the option to "refresh".

So I went back to the Home screen and went to Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync
Then clicked his Facebook account and then click Remove Account and then added mine.

However, when I click on the FB app, it is still going to his account because I'm not able to logout. Where in the heck is the log-out option? I've looked everywhere for the log-out link while in the fb app and again when i hit Menu...it just asks me about refeshing...not logging out.

So how do I log out?

Thanks again,

~Michael

Odysseus

Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't. Do me a favor? Try hitting the refresh button.

OP
M

Michael221

Reaction score
Ok I hit the refresh button and it just refreshed the fb page...but nothing popped up about logging out.

Odysseus

Reaction score
Ah I was hoping your info would be here. Hmmm delete your facebook, turn the phone off than on? Than go to the facebook ap?

Odysseus

Reaction score
Trying going to facebook.com on the web browser, log out from there.

Earthwalker

Reaction score
The only way I found a logout option was to go through the browser. Start your browser. Go to facebook.com and scroll all the way to the bottom. Select full site. Then you should be able to log out. Never done it so let me know if this solves your problem.

OP
M

Michael221

Reaction score
Ahhh hell yeah! That worked Odysseus. Thank you so much man.

And thanks to everyone else who replied...a big help!

Now my life is in harmony with the Droid.