need help with an Asus zenfone 5Q ZC600KL X017DA stuck on Asus Logo

nighthawk65

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus
good day to all

i am in urgent need of fixing the above mentioned phone that is currently stuck on Asus Logo when turning on

what i would of nomally done would of done a factory reset with fingers crossed that would work but on this occasion the power and volume keys do not bring up that option all that will appear is CSC Fastboot mode oh yes and i can get into EDL mode

the issue i have is i downloaded a couple firmwares based on the model of phone i have and both are fastboot versions but all i get is permission denied write protected and when entering device information it appears the unlock is false and same with unlock critical false so this to me appears the bootloader is locked and preventing me from flashing over the rom

i have also tried QPST in EDL mode and that kept throwing up errors also

and one of the other problems i have with unloking the bootloader is everywhere i look always keeps pointing me back to going into developer mode within settings enabiling debugging mode and highlight the OEM unlock and another points me to the unlock tool APK file again if the phone doesnt boot that kinda makes things rather impossible on that front

have contacted Asus but they are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot their solution is to make money from me and take it to a service center and wait how many months NO THANKS

so my unltimate goal here is to get the bootloader unlocked or flash via EDL so that i can get phone working again with a stock firmware

here is some details of the phone

Asus Zenfone 5Q / Lite
ZC600KL
X017DA
Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
4GB Ram 64GB storage

thanks in advance

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
good day to all

i am in urgent need of fixing the above mentioned phone that is currently stuck on Asus Logo when turning on

what i would of nomally done would of done a factory reset with fingers crossed that would work but on this occasion the power and volume keys do not bring up that option all that will appear is CSC Fastboot mode oh yes and i can get into EDL mode

the issue i have is i downloaded a couple firmwares based on the model of phone i have and both are fastboot versions but all i get is permission denied write protected and when entering device information it appears the unlock is false and same with unlock critical false so this to me appears the bootloader is locked and preventing me from flashing over the rom

i have also tried QPST in EDL mode and that kept throwing up errors also

and one of the other problems i have with unloking the bootloader is everywhere i look always keeps pointing me back to going into developer mode within settings enabiling debugging mode and highlight the OEM unlock and another points me to the unlock tool APK file again if the phone doesnt boot that kinda makes things rather impossible on that front

have contacted Asus but they are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot their solution is to make money from me and take it to a service center and wait how many months NO THANKS

so my unltimate goal here is to get the bootloader unlocked or flash via EDL so that i can get phone working again with a stock firmware

here is some details of the phone

Asus Zenfone 5Q / Lite
ZC600KL
X017DA
Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
4GB Ram 64GB storage

thanks in advance
Good day welcome to the forum .. apologies no knowledge of your phone ...have you looked at XDA developers forums ,? Usually that's the place I hit up first for these type of issues ...let us know if you are not able to find ..

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk