Need help with a few items

davey101

Reaction score
First problem is syncing to the computer. I've searched many threads and can't seem to find a solution. I've downloaded all the drivers (vista 32 bit, c24 usb driver, usb driver 4), windows updates, and even moto media link. Media link wouldn't work until I downloaded a service pack, which I did and it runs now but It "cant connect" with my device. Every time I connect to the computer and mount the device, it can't locate the drivers, I get some MOT error, and then it says volume can't be found. how do I get this to connect! Im running vista, and the droid is 100% charged. I just want music on my droid!!!!!! :icon_eek:

my second problem is that I'm trying to setup my school email. its a pop3 account, and the server is wnec.edu (western new england college). I've tried several variations on the port (995, 110) and the server (pop3.email.wnec.edu , email.wnec.edu , authmail.wnec.edu , etc.) with no luck. I've even tried a few variations under imap. How can I set this email account up?

any help will be greatly appreciated. I've been rebooting, downloading, searching for hours. I didn't want to make a thread but I'm just out of ideas. please help :hail:

Shawshank

Reaction score
The very first time I connected my Droid to the computer it worked perfectly. I heard the "Droid" sound and viola...I am not sure whats going on with yours, sorry.

f150steeler

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem!!! but only on my HP Pavillion dv5-1010us laptop. Works fine on my Gateway desk top. I think I might have narrowed the problem down to "Devices" in the control panel/AutoPlay. For some reason it still recognizes my previous phone LG-VX9700 (The DARE) but I can not figure out how to disable the Dare. Any suggestions?

Stigy

Reaction score
Do you know the exact email settings for setting up your school email on a desktop client (ie. Outlook)?

When you say you are guessing the mail server, that probably won't help. I would ask the IT department what the server name is OR find instructions for setting it up through Outlook and then you should find that server name.

OP
D

davey101

Reaction score
Do you know the exact email settings for setting up your school email on a desktop client (ie. Outlook)?

When you say you are guessing the mail server, that probably won't help. I would ask the IT department what the server name is OR find instructions for setting it up through Outlook and then you should find that server name.

I know for a fact that the server is pop3. thats all I know though really. I guess I'll ask IT tomorrow. its not a huge deal since I only get an email or two a day to that account. I figured I would just try and sync it for ha-ha's.

but the music bit. Heres a few more details. Under device manager in the control panel, under ADB Interface a device entitled "Motorola A855" is showing up with a nice big yellow exclamation point next to it. I got the same message as before when I plug it in and mount the device, "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver support for your device. Mot Composite ADB Interface" then a window pops up saying "windows could not load the installer for Volume. Contact your hardware vendor for support"

under the device installation icon on the task bar it reads:
Motorola A855 - Failed
Unidentified Device - Searching

a search under "droid mot composite IDB interface" gave me this page http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/library/Installing_Motorola_Handset_Drivers/
which I registered for and downloaded:
Handset USB driver - Windows Vista 32 bit
c24 USB driver - Windows Vista 32 bit
g24 lite USB driver

to be honest I have no idea what these are, but I just downloaded whatever mentioned vista.

then I went here http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM1000008806b00aRCRD
and downloaded:
Moto 4.1.0 Driver w./ moto connect - windows vista 32 bit
PC Driver 1
PC Driver 2

again....no idea if they're needed, I just downloaded them

I'm going to reboot the system right now and hope it works. Any other suggestions?

I just want music on this damn thing! :mad:

Last edited:
OP
D

davey101

Reaction score
I got the email setup, my friend recently did it for his phone so he knew which ports/servers it was.

still having the music sync issues though