Need help to get rid of Google Voice

shemmeke55

Reaction score
I set up google voice, but now i want to get rid of it and go back to the regular voicemail, but i cant seem to get rid of GV. I uninstalled it, but all my voicemails are still going through it somehow. In settings, the voicemail service is set to my carrier. Not sure what else to do. Thanks

Lars1

Reaction score
I set up google voice, but now i want to get rid of it and go back to the regular voicemail, but i cant seem to get rid of GV. I uninstalled it, but all my voicemails are still going through it somehow. In settings, the voicemail service is set to my carrier. Not sure what else to do. Thanks

Why do you want to get rid of it?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I uninstalled it, but all my voicemails are still going through it somehow. In settings, the voicemail service is set to my carrier. Not sure what else to do.
You need to disable conditional call forwarding. That's what you set up when you clicked the "activate GV voicemail for this phone" and followed the instructions. The GV site can walk you through disabling this. Your carrier should also be able to tell you how to disable it.

Instructions for Verizon can be found at:
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17268