Need help Replacing Leaked ICS with official ICS update while maintaining root

Rufus65

Reaction score
I have been on the Leaked ICS for a while now and haven't had the time to switch to the new official ICS update for my RAZR.....until now.

What's the easiest way to remove the Leaked ICS rom and get the official ICS update while maintaining root?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm confused ... it's an ICS ROM or is it ICS? Is it a ROM that was made to look and feel like ICS?

What system version are you running right now?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I could be wrong on this but I believe you need to use the fast boot files to get you back to stock GB .181.

After that you can do the utility date through your phone by going to Settings>About phone>System Updates.

You can use the RAZR Utility 1.6 or download the fast boot files and RSD lite and flash it yourself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
So which links should I use within the All Eggs in One Basket... post. cause some of them don't work properly for me.

Also, the post talks only about .214 and .215 and all those versions. I can't find which version im on. All my settings say im 6.14.75 and my android version is 4.0.3.

would someone be able to tell me if i can still use the .214 or .215 method?

====*UPDATE*=====================================================

I just went for it and followed the instructions only in the Quote bubble from the All Eggs in One Basket... Post. So far its working perfectly, RSD Lite PASSED and is now on and is on the "android is upgrading" screen. Said it had 264 updates and successfully updated all of them.

just checked and my system version is now 6.16.211 and the Android Version is 4.0.4. So am I now officially Stock?

If so, would I be able to do a factory reset without worry of bricking.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep you are good if that got you up to .211 you can doable factory data reset and have a fresh ICS install.

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Double factory reset? one reset isn't good enough?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sorry typo that was supposed to be do a factory reset.