Need help finding a profile app!

pyro6128

Reaction score
Im trying to find an app that will allow me to set a sleep profile that will silence everything except the alarm, but allow me to have my ringer on vibrate, and have my sms notification on vibrate. I want to do this because I get a lot of emails at night that wake me up. I want email silenced completely, but I still want to receive a notification for texts (vibrate) and for calls (also vibrate).

Could someone please help me?!?!

rickt1152

Reaction score
There are a number of profile applications that will do what you need. I currently use Quick Profiles, which works great. I've used Timeriffic and several others in the past with mixed results. A market search for profile give you several options.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Ill check those out. I found a bunch, but the wouldn't let me distinguish between the email notifications and sms notifications. They would lump them together along with all other notifications

jleeusa

Reaction score
Check settings profile. Its a paid app that works great for me. Many options and quite reliable.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

drowe

Reaction score
I use Settings Profile and it works for what I need, but it doesn't distinguish between texts and email settings. I suspect that is an android thing. You can disable vibrate in the gmail app settings if you want to. I don't know of any way to do that based on time though.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Tasker is the most powerful of the profile apps. Its on the expensive side as far as apps go but its well worth it. And you can set it to distinguish between the two notifications.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
alright, looks like tasker will be the way to go. I figured tasker would be able to, but wanted to see if there were any other options. Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The good thing about tasker is that you can download a free trial from the dev's website. The only thing about it is that it is timebombed, and wil quit working after a few days, but at least you can tinker around with it to make sure it would work before you buy it.

jk8

Reaction score
Try Profile Valet - it's free, will do exactly what you're looking for and is easier to use than Tasker (which can do a lot more than Profile Valet, but can be difficult to work with)>

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
i tested out profile valet. Didn't let me distinguish between email and sms notifications

jk8

Reaction score
If you also use Audio Manager along with Profile Valet out will let you separate the two. Trust me, it may have saved my marriage.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
If you also use Audio Manager along with Profile Valet out will let you separate the two. Trust me, it may have saved my marriage.

how would I set that up? I've check out the app and don't really see how it would work

jk8

Reaction score
Actually I don't think you even need Audio Manager.

Open the app. Click on "Create New Profile"

Select "Time Based"

Set start and stop times using today as the day. Mine starts Feb 10 at 12:30 a.m. and stops Feb 10 at 7:30 a.m.

Select "Recurring"

Select "Weekly"

Select the days you want the profile for. I have two separate profiles for weekdays and weekends so the notifications don't start until 9:30 a.m. on the weekends.

On the next screen name your profile then select "Sound Settings"

Select "Normal"

This brings up sliders for notifications, ringtone, media and alarm. You can then turn vibrate on our off. Save out and you're done. It hasn't failed me yet.

In the morning it returns the volumes to the levels they were at prior to the profile starting.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Actually I don't think you even need Audio Manager.

Open the app. Click on "Create New Profile"

Select "Time Based"

Set start and stop times using today as the day. Mine starts Feb 10 at 12:30 a.m. and stops Feb 10 at 7:30 a.m.

Select "Recurring"

Select "Weekly"

Select the days you want the profile for. I have two separate profiles for weekdays and weekends so the notifications don't start until 9:30 a.m. on the weekends.

On the next screen name your profile then select "Sound Settings"

Select "Normal"

This brings up sliders for notifications, ringtone, media and alarm. You can then turn vibrate on our off. Save out and you're done. It hasn't failed me yet.

In the morning it returns the volumes to the levels they were at prior to the profile starting.

That will not differentiate between emails and sms. Both are affected with the notification volume level.

With Tasker you can specify a time frame and set the notification volume to zero. Then create another profile for the same time frame and if you receive an sms to play a sound, that will go through the media volume.

If you get the free trial and need help setting it up let me know.