Need help deactivating a Droid...

clucernoni

Reaction score
Something is a little odd here. Who sells a phone that is still active on their account...then when they see the bill and notice that the phone is still on there...does nothing about it? Worse case just use the phone normally until they figure out that it is still on their account, they will knock it off their account and you will no longer be able to use it, then register it to your own. Don't run up a bill or anything, but im pretty sure you can't be sued for it since you had no option and couldn't contact them. Worse they can do is ask you to pay for what you used, which is what you would be doing anyway.

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Yeah ive done a hard reset several times still brings me up to activate it when i do it only goes for that number.

Im trying 1 other thing i hope this works :/

And huskur i in no way (found) the phone i paid cash for it and its brand new in the box, plastic still on it and all.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I am curious though. Why did you pay $400 for a phone you could have gotten at half the price with a new contract? You said you're on AT&T currently, correct?

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Something is a little odd here. Who sells a phone that is still active on their account...then when they see the bill and notice that the phone is still on there...does nothing about it? Worse case just use the phone normally until they figure out that it is still on their account, they will knock it off their account and you will no longer be able to use it, then register it to your own. Don't run up a bill or anything, but im pretty sure you can't be sued for it since you had no option and couldn't contact them. Worse they can do is ask you to pay for what you used, which is what you would be doing anyway.

Exactly i mean this whole ordeal is bazaar im clueless to how this happened. Also get this im from KY and the phone number is from TX

OP

7boo

Reaction score
I am curious though. Why did you pay $400 for a phone you could have gotten at half the price with a new contract? You said you're on AT&T currently, correct?

Good point, my intentions was just to go prepaid. and prepaid you have to buy the phone out right anyway.

r1nstang

Reaction score

Exactly i mean this whole ordeal is bazaar im clueless to how this happened. Also get this im from KY and the phone number is from TX

So thats where my phone went....can I have it back please.....Bedford Tx. haha

OP

7boo

Reaction score

So thats where my phone went....can I have it back please.....Bedford Tx. haha

$400 and you can have it lol

StupidGenius

Reaction score

Good point, my intentions was just to go prepaid. and prepaid you have to buy the phone out right anyway.

To the best of my knowledge the Droid isn't available with the Prepaid plans. If the seller told you that, then the phone is definitely stolen.

OP

7boo

Reaction score

To the best of my knowledge the Droid isn't available with the Prepaid plans. If the seller told you that, then the phone is definitely stolen.

Its not possible to use it on a prepaid plan? :mad:

Detonation

Reaction score
The phone you bought is likely stolen. The seller either stole it or found it and then listed it on craigslist (in a different location, hence TX vs KY). A normal seller would have had it deactivated and the service cut off before handing it over. What doesn't make sense though is that its been 3 weeks...someone who has lost their phone would have done that within days.

What kind of contact info did you get from the seller? If all you got was an email address or cell number I can't really feel sorry for you. If you're going to buy something that expensive on CL, at least get a full name and possibly an address. If the person isn't willing to give it, then something is suspect. The fact the seller isn't responding anymore reinforces that.

Your best bet now is to actually go into a Verizon store (not call) and explain everything. Not sure what will happen from there though, especially if it actually is stolen and they can find out the original owner.