NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (Ripped from Droid X by OP)

• Thread starter LegionDAFecalExcretion
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xegesis

Reaction score
So I have 150 mb of internal storage free which is enough to install the game using adb, but apparently it pushes the apk to the internal storage first and then trys to install it. I don't want to delete 50 more mb to get this game installed as i'm afraid many of my gameloft games won't reinstall after deleting them....so does anybody know how to run an adb command to install from the sdcard? I pushed the file to the sdcard first and then tried this command but it didn't work:

adb install /sdcard/NFSShift.apk

Xegesis

Reaction score
well i tried

adb shell

$ install /sdcard/nfsshift.apk

and got permission denied, so I'm thinking I need to be rooted to install from my sdcard.

I have a non rooted droid 2.1

OP
S

SEGA

i think it depends on which rom u use. i am using a milestone 2.1 stock. and have to use adb. but using adb dont hurt, so just try it out :).

lol you can turn you phone into a paperweight if the setup/config is wrong, so ya, it can hurt allot.

Sorry editing system commands for a demo to a game, to see how it runs on the Droid is just a little to much, will wait for 2.2 or Market Demo I guess.

Thanks for the help anyways guys/gals.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tried astro on my milestone. no success. do you have custom fw dave or apps2sd ? will try adb later.

I see you got it working via ADB, but for those that it helps; i'm running the p3droid release of FRF84B, and installing to phone memory (not to sdcard) - i'm starting with ~180MB or so free.

Xegesis

Reaction score
I finally got it installed...194mb of internal memory wouldn't install the program. I got it working with 209mb free.

The game is pretty amazing. I've had absolutely no lag playing it on my moto droid. I bought the full version(kind of on accident). I was seeing how far the purchase game prompts would go, thinking it was going to give me a screen to enter in my cc#, but I guess it bills my Verizon acct because it said thanks for buying the game.

dancedroid

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do u free up 206 mb on the droid? Lol. Welll with apps2sd and adb it installs well and just needs 99 megs from the apps2sd partition. Accelerometer control sucks. I whish there would be dpad or touch control support.

Xegesis

Reaction score
How do u free up 206 mb on the droid? Lol. Welll with apps2sd and adb it installs well and just needs 99 megs from the apps2sd partition. Accelerometer control sucks. I whish there would be dpad or touch control support.

LOL, I had to delete a lot of programs. I was able to install most of them back after the install. I needed a good house cleaning anyways. I still have 83 mb free of Internal storage after all is said and done.

I also used adb to install the program.

This game is psp quality, I'm very impressed.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
is the link down? or has this already been discussed?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
anybody get this to work on froyo and installing to sd card? i tried with astro, no luck

and no way i can free up this much space internally.

PhontomF

Reaction score
anybody get this to work on froyo and installing to sd card? i tried with astro, no luck

and no way i can free up this much space internally.

Yeah I got it to install to the SD card using astro running bugless v0.3. I just enabled apps2sd with petes script. I only have 60mb free internal space too.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am the OP. Here is a fresh link.

:blackdroid::motdroidvert: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting :motdroidvert::blackdroid:
what kind of **** are you trying to pull here? You are so not the original poster.

Found a working link from XDA
NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (Ripped from Droid X) - xda-developers

Before you start talking sierra-hotel-india-tango; take a look at the OP's username in the xda thread - same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.