NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (Ripped from Droid X by OP)

• Thread starter LegionDAFecalExcretion
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes its true and the droid 2 does have the same 8 gb.

psrumors

Reaction score
I can't get it to load. I have 191mb internal phone storage and the installer states I need to free up memory.

How much memory do those that are getting to install have available?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard on a podcast (I think it was androidcentral) that the Droid X has 8gb of internal memory that isn't partitioned (like it is on other phones, where you can use the space like an external sd card) and so the entire 8gb is used for app storage. Is this true? If so AWESOME! bring on the 100mb+ games!

Sent from my Droid

There already ARE 100mb+ games. Like i've said before, they download the level data to the sdcard. There's no reason to believe the marketplace version of NFS will work any differently. I believe this version is specific to the Droid X; it could explain why the vanilla Android version won't be available for awhile. They are probably redoing the code for the base app, and adding the code to download the levels from EA's servers.

I am confident that they are NOT going to leave the rest of us Android users behind. With the amount of Droid/EVO/N1/Incredible/etc devices on the market, they'd be passing up WAYYYYY too many opportunities to make $10 if this were a Droid X only app. Like I said, the marketplace version will likely be alot different than the OEM Droid X version.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait.... does this game only work on Froyo 2.2 Droids?

Not if it came from the X....It's a 2.1 Device

Well then I have no idea why it will not install..

I have 203mb of free space on the phone and 7 gigs free on the SD Card

Need help, want to play....

Hmmmmm weird. I had ~187MB of free space, 4GB on the sdcard; and it installed fine. Did you try installing it via ADB?

OP
S

SEGA

no whats ADP?

I used APKinstaller and manager apps, both said I need more memory after 203mb of free space

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
no whats ADP?

I used APKinstaller and manager apps, both said I need more memory after 203mb of free space

ADB - Android Debugging Bridge

It's a program you install on your PC, and it lets you communicate with your Droid. You need to search the forum for instructions to get that running, and at that point you can put the APK in the directory on your PC where ADB is running from, and type ADB install <apk path and name> from your PC command prompt.

And I used Astro file manager to install it on mine, might want to give that a try before spending time setting up ADB. It's slightly tricky.

EDIT: doing a forum search for ADB install instructions proved fruitless, so here's a link:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-to-install-it-android/

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i tried astro on my milestone. no success. do you have custom fw dave or apps2sd ? will try adb later.

Mayze

Reaction score
I want to see a vid of someone running it on their droid. I've freed up almost 150 mb of internal memory. I have over 7GB of SD memory and I still get the not enough memory message.

Does it only install on certain Roms? I'm running CM 5.0.8.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
it works :) on my milestone it works with adb ! just install it over adb ! greets.

Glocklynn

Reaction score
Is this possible to install and run on a stock 2.1-update Droid. I have tryed and all i get is that there is not enough memory andi have 203mb free.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont you guys read the post before yours ? ;). use adb !

Mayze

Reaction score
Yeah I read ,a few post above, and there are some who allegedly got it to install without adb.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think it depends on which rom u use. i am using a milestone 2.1 stock. and have to use adb. but using adb dont hurt, so just try it out :).

Status
Not open for further replies.