Need For Speed: Shift Pulled From Market And Repriced!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stop crying over this game.if you have a rooted android phone,you should know to always backup everything! If you didn't it's your own fault.complaining on this thread will not get the game back.

:dry: You're a valuable member to the forums.

biggles

Reaction score
Even though most of us are against a certain activity that rhymes with liracy, what do people think in this case?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even though most of us are against a certain activity that rhymes with liracy, what do people think in this case?

I've already stated my thoughts on this. I have already paid for the license to run the game; EA chooses to make it impossible to redownload it and finish playing it. Therefore, resorting to other measures to find the APK to me is not piracy. Piracy involves getting around paying to use a paid app; i've already paid for this one.

The kicker is I installed the demo APK way back in the day when it was floating around, and paid $9.99 to license that one via the in-app purchase option. I then saw it in the market for $0.99 and repurchased it simply to get updates easily. Funny how that plan blew up in my face. I cannot simply reinstall the version I paid $9.99 for, since that reinstalls as a demo version and I would have to pay another $9.99 to unlock it again.

What can I say? I really like the game. But i'm NOT going to pay another $9.99 for a game i've already paid a total of $10.98 for.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Need to be careful buying this game. It requires a big download that probably puts you past the 15 minute refund window. It does 't work at all on my dpro but all i lost was a dollar.

Sent from my DROID PRO

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Weird, if you go to the new android market website, it shows that I have purchased the game. but if I visit the one on my phone, it shows I havent. It also shows $4.99 online and $9.99 on phone

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird, if you go to the new android market website, it shows that I have purchased the game. but if I visit the one on my phone, it shows I havent. It also shows $4.99 online and $9.99 on phone

It shows purchased for me as well, but it won't let me download it. Instead of saying "Verizon Droid" it says "Install to another device" - when I hit the drop-down arrow, my Droid is grayed out and if I hover my mouse over it, it says "This item is not available on your carrier"

Version_3

Reaction score

It shows purchased for me as well, but it won't let me download it. Instead of saying "Verizon Droid" it says "Install to another device" - when I hit the drop-down arrow, my Droid is grayed out and if I hover my mouse over it, it says "This item is not available on your carrier"

Not only that, but market.android.com says I have Angry birds and Facebook installed. Neither of those have been on my phone for months, so it appears as if it's a history snapshot, not a currently installed snapshot.

After I compile my ROM tomorrow and flash it for testing, I'm going to install my old gapps package with the old market and see what it says about the apps then.

td854

Reaction score
Did anyone who posted here get this fixed? I'm currently trying to communicate with EA and/or Google but it's just a waiting game at the moment.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Did anyone who posted here get this fixed? I'm currently trying to communicate with EA and/or Google but it's just a waiting game at the moment.

Good luck. I'm sure this was a deliberate action with the intent to drive revenue, but.. ya never know.

Version_3

Reaction score
I gave up. No response from EA. Google says to contact EA.

I find it hard to believe this isn't a bigger issue if it's a problem market wide. It's why I'm maintaining that we, as rooters, customizers, ROM flashers, themers, did something to cause this, but I've been unable to prove it yet.

piiman

Reaction score
Stop crying over this game.if you have a rooted android phone,you should know to always backup everything! If you didn't it's your own fault.complaining on this thread will not get the game back.

You're not too bright are you?

td854

Reaction score
EA has replied to my e-mail with word that they are working with Google to rectify the issue.

Version_3

Reaction score
EA has replied to my e-mail with word that they are working with Google to rectify the issue.

Thank you for this response. I hadn't received a response from them personally, but it's good they're at least responding to somebody.