Need For Speed: Shift Pulled From Market And Repriced!

Version_3

Reaction score
I bought them during their $0.99 sale. I sent an email to EA and Google regarding this. Nothing from EA.

Per Google's response (which seemed automated), market version 2.1 is the current supported version. I flashed the new market 2.2.11 to my phone, then noticed this issue. I hope 2.2.11 is not the reason as these 2 apps being pulled and resubmitted doesn't seem to be a huge deal to most people (yet?).

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If for whatever reason it stated this was a promotional price then I will agree with EA that they could reprice it as they saw fit. Though if it wasn't mentioned at all anywhere, then this should be some sort of violation of EA. I think if google is going to change the policy to help out the developers then they also need to make sure the customers aren't getting screwed either.

Version_3

Reaction score
Repricing is one thing and I can understand. They pulled the apps and resubmitted them with different prices. The resubmission is noticeable because ratings have reset, and there were 0 comments as of my last check.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Repricing is one thing and I can understand. They pulled the apps and resubmitted them with different prices. The resubmission is noticeable because ratings have reset, and there were 0 comments as of my last check.

That seems very wrong to me.

OP
You Aint Afraid Of Me
Reaction score
The new market isn't the problem I don't think, because mine updated itself to 2.2.11 so its not a legitimacy issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Version_3

Reaction score
I just received a response from Google:

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. As the seller has made the changes to the apps, we recommend you contact the app's developer directly for support. To find the contact information for an app's developer, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Android Market and select the app in question.
2. On the app's description page, scroll down to the 'About the developer' section
3. One of the following contact options will be provided: an email address, a phone number, or a website

Further, while Google can't make guarantees about sellers accepting payments through Google Checkout or the products they are selling, we will take your feedback into consideration as we review this seller and their eligibility to use Google Checkout and Android marketplace moving forward.

If we can assist you further, please let us know.

Regards,
The Android Market Team

In other words, the money spent on getting NFS:Shift or Tetris, whether if discounted or not, is a loss to those people who didn't, or can't do a Titanium Backup of the apps. I emailed EA before I emailed Google, and I have yet to receive a response from them.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Add me to this list of screwed people. Interestingly, I didn't notice this problem until I tried to play NFS last night and found all my saved progress had disappeared and I had to restart. Not sure if that is related at all or not.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Same happened to me. I just happened to notice Tetris was in the market and it had a price of $7.99 instead of "purchased". I already had it installed because I had a backup using titanium, but this is pretty retarded regardless.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is why Google needs to take SOME control of their marketplace.

It is also the sole reason i'm seriously considering the iPhone.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Well in there defense it did say in big bold letters that it was only a promotional offer. But they went about changing the price wrong. They removed when they should of just repriced it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jefbystereo

Reaction score
That's fine if they raise the price. The game was worth more than the .99 I paid on sale. Whats frustrating though is how they went about pulling it so that anyone who currently owns it has to re-buy it if they ever have a problem. Thank goodness I have titanium backup

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well in there defense it did say in big bold letters that it was only a promotional offer. But they went about changing the price wrong. They removed when they should of just repriced it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yup, if they planned on making people repurchase it; they should have put "BUYING GAME AT THIS PRICE MEANS YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO REINSTALL IT IN THE FUTURE"

At very least, their support team needs to learn how to respond to customer queries.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Stop crying over this game.if you have a rooted android phone,you should know to always backup everything! If you didn't it's your own fault.complaining on this thread will not get the game back.

khaf

Reaction score
Stop crying over this game.if you have a rooted android phone,you should know to always backup everything! If you didn't it's your own fault.complaining on this thread will not get the game back.

What an a** that does not change the fact that people were done dirty.