Need For Speed: Shift Pulled From Market And Repriced!

Reaction score
Need for Speed Shift has been pulled from the Android Market! This means anyone who purchased it is SOL. They then re-added it and priced it at $10! That's the Same price as the console version on Amazon! I am sick of the crap us Android users have to put up with when it comes to Apps and Gaming! This is downright ridiculous.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed this yesterday when I was trying to reinstall my copy. I sent an email to their support department complaining and have yet to hear back. In the mean time, I have aquired the APK by other means; as much as I didn't want to. In this case though, I feel it's ethical since I already bought the damn game; it's EA's fault that I had to resort to such measures. If I ever get a reply from them; I will update this post.

WishRyder

Reaction score
EA has a track record of this behavior. They did the same thing with Tetris. After they weeded out all the impostors and I decided to buy their Tetris, they pulled their original version and started selling an updated version for more money.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I flashed a ROM yesterday and it reinstalled. I just loaded it up and it was fine hmmmm

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it when it was on sale for $0.99; or did you pay full price CK?

nwilkins15

Reaction score
This happened to me also. This is complete BS. I bought it previously, and I refuse to buy this game a second time. I should not have to.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
I bought it for .99,installed metickmod yesterday & restored it through tb works fine.

biggles

Reaction score
I don't understand, why would they pull it then put it back on the market? I understand price changes, though I would never pay ten bucks for this game.

I picked it up when it was 99 cents and it runs pretty well on a Droid 1 at stock clock speed. Anybody overclocked their Droid and running NFS: Shift? Would overclocking to 800 mhz make it run a little smoother?

nwilkins15

Reaction score
It runs pretty smooth at 800 MHz

bmking24

Reaction score
It runs nice at 1ghz as well!

OP
You Aint Afraid Of Me
Reaction score
I bought the game when it was $.99

I was on the Stock Droid X Rom, then switched to Liberty and it never restored. Then I went to the market, couldn't find it, got mad, and posted lol :p

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, like I said; I acquired it elsewhere for now. I cannot say where on this forum, and DO NOT condone piracy; but in this case I feel we the customer are in the right. All I can say is Google is your friend. And it's not at all hard to find. I probably should have backed the APK up with Titanium; but I didn't think of it until it was too late.

(Mods, if this crosses the line please delete it; I just do not feel it is piracy since I have indeed purchased a license to use the app in question)

OP
You Aint Afraid Of Me
Reaction score
Hey I see what you're saying but I had it on the other rom so I switched Roms and backed it up. Also, I got banned on AndroidForums for saying something of the sort so might wanna edit that post :p.. just tryin to help :D

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I see what you're saying but I had it on the other rom so I switched Roms and backed it up. Also, I got banned on AndroidForums for saying something of the sort so might wanna edit that post :p.. just tryin to help :D

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

As am I. Hence the fact that I mentioned that I was perfectly OK with the mods removing it if they felt it was out of line.

Unfortunately, I cleaned up my SD card to install some game data; so I didn't have a backup with the NFS apk inside of it.

Doubt i'll get banned, though; I didn't provide any links to point people to the right place. At least I hope not.

BTW, as of yet absolutely no response from EA.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I also noticed i couldn't download tetris or nfs when i upgraded sapphire the other day. I had to revert to a backup just to get the apks. I also bought these when they were $1.