Need Contacts App To Replace Normal App on D1

phaze3131

Reaction score
Hey guys I am really into using groups to do contacts, and with the standard contacts app it doesn't allow this. I have other contacts apps but none I can get to integrate into the phone so the phone actually replaces it with the normal one.

Like when I get a text and want to save the person it always brings up the normal one and no option to choose which contacts app I want to use.

Is there an app or a way to replace the normal contacts app?

thanks much

Travis

AWB

Reaction score
You may be able to go into manage apps and there might be a check box that says something like clear default value..? Dont yell if im wrong on that lol. But most of the time when a conflict between apps happens and no default is set it lets you choose which one.

yamaredman

Reaction score
I tried using Groupy Free for awhile... and it was pretty good with Groups.

But then I found aContacts and Dialer One... I'm now using Dialer One as my default phone app because searching for contacts is very simple and fast.

OP
P

phaze3131

Reaction score
does that app replace the way you enter contacts because that is a problem I have. all these contacts apps and there is still no way to input a group when you enter new contact. thanks for help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

yamaredman

Reaction score
Dialer One will allow you to enter contacts.

I haven't really messed with that though... I always enter new contacts on my PC browser through GMail.