Need assistance with several Ally issues?

WhiteLily23

Reaction score
I am several issues with my LG Ally and I am hoping someone can help…I bought it in April of this year (2011):

1. I can no longer play any radio apps (Pandora, iHeart Radio, Slacker…) for any length of time. Pandora starts skipping songs after just 30 seconds (that may not be my phone…seems like it’s a common problem). Slacker and iHeart just stop, each telling me my internet connection has been lost, but according to my phone, I have full bars. I have to turn it off and back on to make anything work again.
  2. When I load up game apps or the browser, my phone will start to load, then just go back to the “home” screen. I don’t know why its doing it, but I would LOVE a fix.
  3. When someone calls me, my phone no longer rings/acknowledges I am receiving a call. It will tell me hours later that I have a VM, and only after I have restarted my phone.
  4. When I call someone, after the conversation is over and we hang up, my phone wont disconnect. I can hit the end key to my heart’s content…it doesn’t work. I have to turn my phone off to accomplish anything.
When I first purchased the phone, I was unaware it came with an SD card (this is my first smartphone), and I was thoroughly confused when I started getting notifications about my SD card being unexpectedly removed…it never occurred to me to check on that. Then, about two months ago, my phone told me my SD card was damaged beyond repair and I needed to do something about it. So I checked…and found my card. I reformatted the card, and it fixed that for a bit…but it started telling me it was removed/damaged about a week later. So, I switched cards with my boyfriend, wondering if it was my phone or the card. Nothing happened. Neither phone complained about either card. So we switched back…and the card hasn’t given me any crap, but the above listed issues began around that time. So I don’t know if its all connected to the SD card? But if so, why would it stop telling me everything is damaged?

I am aware I probably have to bring my phone into a Verizon store, but I am hoping someone on here can give me any pointers as to what could be wrong with my phone (maybe how to fix it?). At the very least, I would like to go into the store with the appearance of knowledge, so that they cannot attempt to tell me nothing is wrong with my phone. It didn’t always do this.

zeetboy

Reaction score
Tickle the phone underneath the call button. If it laughs back at you immediately call warranty service.