Need an answer ASAP!!!

gramirezg21

Reaction score
My Droid x is saying that the battery is not a valid motorola battery when it is. People have been saying that the only way to fix it is to go into verizon and get a new phone or battery. I am running gingerbread 2.2.3 but i have rooted my phone twice but it is not rooted ever since I bricked it. I ended up unbricking and unrooting right away. and now about 3 weeks later my phone is saying my battery is not a valid motorola battery. My phone died the other day and today i tried charging it and nothing was happening. So i used a old usb cable and stripped the wires and connected it to my battery and charged it that way. But now I am not able to charge my phone at all, so I was wondering if using a usb to charge your phone is breaking the warranty and will I be able to get a new phone or battery from verizon. And also since I rooted my phone will my warranty still work that I am not rooted anymore???? Please reply ASAP thanks

mack19318

Reaction score
You can get a new phone, verizon isnot going to ask you for your usb cable or sd card. Just make sure your phone is back to stock. They might not warrenty it since sounds like just your battery is messed up. I don't think the battery is covered. Try ebay, amazon for a new battery.
Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
G

gramirezg21

Reaction score
Ok thanks my phone is stock since i completely wiped it and erased everything

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
have you tried another battery?
just go to a vzw store and theyll let you try another battery and try your battery in another phone.

dAi

Reaction score
Sounds like your battery only is defective. Try to contact Motorola they may sent you a new battery, but don't mess with the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums