Need Advice on RSS Feed/Podcast App

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was hoping you all could help me with this. I know there are a bunch of paid and free apps out there for subscribing and reading RSS feeds on your Droid but what I'm wondering is if any of them allow you to subscribe to video podcast feeds (mp4 format, of course) that will allow you to click on a link and launch the video player for viewing. I follow several tech, news, and gaming audio and video podcasts like Tekzilla and IGN's Daily Fix and was looking for a good app that would allow me to consolidate all those feeds in one spot and auto-launch either the music player or video player when needed.

Is there anything like that out there and if so, which ones do you recommend?

gigatigga

Reaction score
I use beyondpod. Its 6.99 i think but an awesome app. For videos it downloads then i pipe them to Act1 Video player which i believe is 1.99. It has a bookmarking feature so you can save your position, like an audio podcast. Really a great combo.

Hope that helps!

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
I use beyondpod. Its 6.99 i think but an awesome app. For videos it downloads then i pipe them to Act1 Video player which i believe is 1.99. It has a bookmarking feature so you can save your position, like an audio podcast. Really a great combo.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply! Couple questions... when you say it downloads the videos do you mean actually downloads them to the SD card before you can watch them or that it opens them in a stream directly in the video player? For example, if I go to Revision3's site on my Droid and select any of their mp4-encoded videos, I can watch them (in super crystal-clear clarity! :) ) immediately in the video player, pause, fast-forward or rewind to different points, etc. No downloading necessary. Of course, you can't pause and resume from the point you left off or anything like that, but still, it saves on cluttering up your disk space if you just want to watch a vid and move on.

Second question...does the bookmark work for videos, too? Like can I pause and come back where I left off later?

Oh and also does "beyondpod lite" offer all that, too? Or what's the difference between the two?

gigatigga

Reaction score
I don't like to stream, i'm much more of a download type of person. it does have a stream option which if the droid built in app allows the codec it will stream it, but of course no bookmarking.

If you dowload and use 1act it does book mark the videos. Beyond pod has its own player for audio which also bookmarks, like the iphone.

Beyondpod lite i believe is the free trial (7 days i think) then some functionality is lost, but i couldn't tell you which ones. Its worth the money imo.

OP
Lady Droid

Lady Droid

Reaction score
I don't like to stream, i'm much more of a download type of person. it does have a stream option which if the droid built in app allows the codec it will stream it, but of course no bookmarking.

If you dowload and use 1act it does book mark the videos. Beyond pod has its own player for audio which also bookmarks, like the iphone.

Beyondpod lite i believe is the free trial (7 days i think) then some functionality is lost, but i couldn't tell you which ones. Its worth the money imo.

Thanks a bunch, gigatigga. :) Really appreciate the feedback. I think I'll try beyondpod lite for the free trial to check out the full version's features and see if I like it.