need advice deciding on a rom ...

zero7404

Reaction score
i'm a fan of stock stuff, but the enhancements that motorola includes with the d2g are becoming a hinderance .... there are things i noticed that are not a problem for vanilla froyo but are with the stock build by verizon/moto ....

i want a rom that is as close to vanilla as possible, which i would say is fission, but i really don't want to brick my phone, i don't want an aftermarket bootloader installed, and i don't want any fragmented parts of the OS with things that don't quite work yet on the d2g ....

could i count on the latest build of fission for this ? i want all my hardware to work correctly, bugs that are still an issue is stuff i'd like to know about .... if anyone can chime in pls ? the official thread in the fission section is kind of large, and the first post doesn't appear to have the latest latest info ....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well fission is currently the only Rom expressly built for the global. There is now a way to flash other roms but I think they have a few bugs still.

tappin and a talkin

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks ...
anyone know what bugs exist with the current build ?
concerned about bricking my phone .... also don't want custom bootloader

trook

Reaction score
Fission for the global is very stable, its also the only option unless you want to flash the new porting files which as stated above, still have a few bugs. The bootloader is locked by motorola with no unlock in sight so I wouldn't worry about that, we use koushs bootstrap which is basically a boot hijacker and with the global sbf file out it would be hard to permanently damage your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App