Need a tool to remove battery!

brunla

Reaction score
Ok... little surprised but to remove the battery on the Bionic, you need a tool like a screwdriver to pop it out. That really sucks. If you want to do a quick battery pull in the car or in a situation when you are not near a screwdriver, you cannot.

Really Motorola?

Renae

Reaction score
There is a no tool icon right there on the battery. You can get it out without a tool. I did and I'm a chick, put some muscle into it. It might help that I have slightly longer nails than most guys. definitely not as easy to get out as the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
It's not about having muscles! I'm not a chick with nails either.

If anybody comes up with any tricks (other than getting Lee Press-on nails), let me know.

There is a no tool icon right there on the battery. You can get it out without a tool. I did and I'm a chick, put some muscle into it. It might help that I have slightly longer nails than most guys. definitely not as easy to get out as the og Droid.

cplum

Reaction score
I am not a chick and I actual cut my finger nails yesterday. I tried again just now and was able to get mine out just with my fingers. It is a little bit hard but if you get your finger under the battery by the SD card you can pull it out.

malicious_a

Reaction score

thats hawt...LOL

dgoakill

Reaction score
it's entirely too hard to pull the cover off. plus because it's plastic and the start point is near the opening for the camera there is a very good chance that sooner or later that plastic cover will snap under the pressure. Worst battery case design I've ever seen. On the bright side I think everyone is assuming they will be yanking the battery a lot like with the older droids................here's to hoping that daily opening is a thing of the past!

homesick

Reaction score
it's entirely too hard to pull the cover off. plus because it's plastic and the start point is near the opening for the camera there is a very good chance that sooner or later that plastic cover will snap under the pressure. Worst battery case design I've ever seen. On the bright side I think everyone is assuming they will be yanking the battery a lot like with the older droids................here's to hoping that daily opening is a thing of the past!

I totally agree. this phone is sweet but the case and battery design suck balls. i bought the extra battery and battery charger because I am a heavy phone user. so I am quite annoyed about the process to take this thing apart to put in the spare battery. on a side note, to answer the op's question, in my experience after you have taken the battery out a few times it gets easier.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. this phone is sweet but the case and battery design suck balls. i bought the extra battery and battery charger because I am a heavy phone user. so I am quite annoyed about the process to take this thing apart to put in the spare battery. on a side note, to answer the op's question, in my experience after you have taken the battery out a few times it gets easier.

Yup it sucks I agree... no nails and chubby fingers will make battery swaps quite an event... looks like ill be jamming a key or something to pry it open.. the case doesn't look very flush at the top but its on tight.. they should've taken the battery design from the dx so we can pull the battery super easy

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

darkhawk624

Reaction score
I tried to get the battery off for 15 minutes until a verizon rep told me to use a quarter. It popped right out with the quarter.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a very hard time getting the case off. Then I was astounded how it was impossible to get the battery out. I used a key...

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm a dude and bite the hell out of my nails and I had no problems getting it out without using anything. Hell, use a key or something. THINK!:p

tcayton49

Reaction score
The only tool I needed was my finger. I have pretty big hands too. Not sure what the problem is. Hopefully you guys will figure out an easier way to get the battery out.

318Droid

Reaction score
ACTUALLY, its a great design...And the removal for the back is NOT on the side with the camera...Flip your phone over and to remove the back cover is actually by the power button..Back case comes off easily.....The battery is easily removable also...Just pull the battery up by the memory card...Comes up easy too if ur not trying to remove it like a little baby.....JUST SAYING.

Renae

Reaction score
I'm actually happy the back doesn't just fall off like the OG. I was so sick of that thing falling off in my pocket and then falling on the floor/ground and misplacing it. Horrible design. I like this much better. I'd rather have it be ON THERE GOOD instead of my phone disassembling itself in my pocket.