Navigation Shortcut Icon

mdizzledroid

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had the steps to create a navigation icon on the home screen with a custom icon (specifically the icon of a contact). I have created a nav shortcut like this in the past; it would navigate to my house, and had my Google profile icon.

Now, whenever I try to create a navigation shortcut, it gives me a very limited list of icons to choose from (basically a map, with a small token like a house or a heart on top).

I have no idea what I did to create the original one :'-(

wifey_mobile

Reaction score
couldnt find anything on my EVO, have you tried putting the address in your address book with a contact, and then when you add the navigation shortcut dont type in the address but the name of the person or business. let me know if it works!

OP
mdizzledroid

mdizzledroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion -- typing a person's name did bring up auto-complete if I had their address in the contact info. However, once I selected the item, the default icon choices were still my only options :( It's frustrating to know that this functionality is in my phone somewhere (or at least was, in a previous Android version).