Navigation Mount for Vehicle

lime4x4

Reaction score
Both the glossy silicone and Otter Box Commuter cases fit just fine with the dock (insert removed of course).

I have the defender otter box case which is thicker. The way i treat my phone some days it needs all the protection it can get..lol

cmorty72

Reaction score
I have the defender otter box case which is thicker. The way i treat my phone some days it needs all the protection it can get..lol
LOL, I know what you mean.
I tried both of Otter box's offerings and was not too crazy about them. Oddly enough I like the High Gloss Silicone Cover that I got from Verizon allot better. Slides in easily in/out my pants/coat pockets without any issues of bulk or excess lint or dust. The case seems to give my Razr some protection (as to what extent I really don't know, nor do I truly want to find out its limits). ;)

Graymayre

Reaction score
I got the silicone case temporarily til I got my defender, then I took it back. Used the defender and eventually got the silicone case back because I like it more for everyday use. I keep the defender for when I'm working.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Deron

Reaction score

I went ahead and put my Razr in the Otterbox Defender case. I wanted something with more protection and grip than the silicone/neoprene cases. Although it no longer looks like a Razr, I am actually getting used to the look and prefer it. It also makes typing easier since it thickens up the phone a bit.

I did remove the clear screen protector from the otterbox case because it was anti-glare (which I hate) and reduced the sensitivity of the touch screen. Instead I placed a Verizon clear screen protector directly on the phone's screen.

And yes it is possible to use the defender series otterbox case with the car navigation mount. Just use two rubber bands.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
It's now big deal for me. I was only planning on using the car dock on long drives. So i can deal with taking the otter box case off. I won't want to do it on a everyday basis thou.

Two rubber bands is much easier.

Deron

Reaction score
I bought the OtterBox Commuter Series Case and it does fit the car dock. It is a snug fit, but does work. Have to remove the insert.

I tried both otterbox cases and went with the defender. I did not like the commuter series because the case was very slippery in my hand. I was more likely to drop the phone because of it.

razrsedge

Reaction score
When you put the razr in the car mount, how does the Razr know to go into car mode?

There is a USB connector that slides into the razr only with extreme difficulty. I run the charger cable from my cigarette lighter to the dock on the dashboard (this just screams after market, but what are you going to do?) It comes with a bracket to insert your razr without a case, or the bracket comes off to insert your razr with a case.

I just drove 75 miles to my niece's for Thanksgiving, and appreciated the visual directions, as google nav is sometimes slow with the speech turn by turn. I really like the suction cup so I can take it on and off the dash, although in the two weeks I've owned it, I have yet to take it off. Overall, pleased.

Last edited:

MrCatPC

Reaction score
THANKS FOR THE *TIP* (metaphorically, literally, all of the above)

Yes, it's located along the back (micro-usb not included of course... but they do include a dual male 1/8th jack for audio). My problem is trying to find a good location to mount it. ;)
*edit*
My only issue with this mount is its short mounting arm. This is an easy fix if you have the mount from an OGD, just swap the arms. This gives you more ways in which to maneuver the mount to your liking.

JUST NOW found your post while hunting down clues on the arm/dock connection for Droid 4, and wanted to say, Thank you @cmorty72 for this helpful hint! :)K

This is where I'm at diving back into the thread over there, and I presently own and use the Droid 2 Car Dock, which is the very same model used for OGDs, as you may know, SOOOO, now I can just measure the ball/socket end of that jointed suction-mount arm and have fairly accurate idea whether Droid 4 Nav Dock will snap onto the mount adapter from ProClip... essentially the new post-Atrix-styled "Nav Docks" are all shown with the same suction base and arm attached, so I'm making an educated guess that rear connector of the actual dock for Droid 4 = RAZR = Atrix, and soon to be measured: Droid 2, I HOPE!!! eXcIted!!! ooh gotta grab a ruler now & find out!

169235-albums1160-picture66369.jpg

There we go.dancedroid

Last edited: