Navigation Car dock... is there more than one kind?

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I'm not completely stupid, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how my Bionic gets power through my car dock. The instructions talk about a micro-usb/audio cable, but mine just came with an audio cable.

If there's more than one kind, it would have been nice if the Verizon rep had told me there was two different kinds, but he probably didn't know either.

Am I at least partially stupid, or did I just buy the wrong one? Anyone know before I trudge all the way back to the Verizon store and look like an idiot because I couldn't figure it out? :)

BTW - this is the Droid Bionic Vehicle Navigation Dock. Can't find any model # on the box tho...

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Pretty sure the car mount that VZW sells does NOT come with the car charger.. which sucks.
Going to check Best Buy tomorrow and see if theirs does.. it did for the X and the D1

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Pretty sure the car mount that VZW sells does NOT come with the car charger.. which sucks.
Going to check Best Buy tomorrow and see if theirs does.. it did for the X and the D1

But... the instructions mention attaching the micro-usb/audio cable to the "car dock". ?? What's going on here?

I mean, when the phone is in the dock, the usb socket sits on a micro-usb connector, but there's no where to attach a micro-usb cord to it.

Am I being uber-retarded?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if there were a charger in the kit you would connect the MicroUSB cable to a port on the charger.. thus eliminating the need to plug the phone into the charger itself everytime you docked it. they basically built the charging mechinisim into the mount.

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Does not come with charging cable

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ok, I can handle that, but I still don't see where the charger would attach to the dock... there's no socket... just an blank cut out in the plastic where it should go... unless it's some kind of induction charger setup.

??

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
on the back of the dock there should be a port.. I saw a photo but dont recall how to explain it.. I'll try to find it

This is the back of the car dock... is the port under the foil? Because otherwise, I don't see any connector for a micro-usb cable.

Cardock.jpg

n8pbm

Reaction score
On the side of that cutout. Across from the round part. The cord goes though the round cut out and plugs into the port on the opposite side.

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
On the side of that cutout. Across from the round part. The cord goes though the round cut out and plugs into the port on the opposite side.

Ah... I see it now... clear as day. K, thanks! I'm just retarded. Thanks for putting up with me. :p

groin

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I didn't spend a ton of time trying to figure out where to connect the car charger to the car dock - I knew i was missing the obvious also. I bet *at least* another Bionic owner had the same problem :)

kilofox

Reaction score
I am a little PO'd about this. The window mount for the Droid 3, which costs the same price as the Bionics's Window Kit ($39.99), includes the USB Charging/Audio Cable.

:icon_cussing:

GBH2

Reaction score