NAT configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrive300zx

Reaction score
So i hacked my moble hotspot so its free and i want to use it to play xbox live but when i connect its telling me that my Nat type is moderate and its restricting my ability to play. I know how to access the setting on a normal router how do i do it with my incredible?

dbu

Reaction score
So i hacked my moble hotspot so its free and i want to use it to play xbox live but when i connect its telling me that my Nat type is moderate and its restricting my ability to play. I know how to access the setting on a normal router how do i do it with my incredible?

Lol, you're gonna lag like crazy.

Sent from under your mom's bed

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Dbu is right the wifi transmitted from your dinc is not enough to give you a good connection over xbox

Droid1 running UD v1 luna theme

Reaction score
You people are so wrong that its not even funny, yes playing over 3g is not a ideal situation but i find it to be the same ping as a normal dsl connection would have in my area and i have very littel lag when i use it, if you haven't tried it don't comment on it. As for the nat type your not going to be able to change it i bet because its probably on verizons end.

haledroid

Reaction score
You people are so wrong that its not even funny, yes playing over 3g is not a ideal situation but i find it to be the same ping as a normal dsl connection would have in my area and i have very littel lag when i use it, if you haven't tried it don't comment on it. As for the nat type your not going to be able to change it i bet because its probably on verizons end.
I play battle field BC2 multi-player using wireless tether on my D1 as my internet with my desktop pc when my internet goes down at my house. Ping times are usually up in the 100ms. So 3g isn't that bad for online gaming, and it doesn't use a lot of bandwidth either.

I dont lag at all when using wireless tether.

Not sure how it is on XBox, but I would assume its about the same.

torr58

Reaction score
I experiment with tethering using easytether, I will say that the game play on PS3 is not as bad as people say, it is perfectly playable with an occasional skip. My only way to get online is 3g, where I am dumping $720/year into 1.5mb down .70 up, its tough pill to swallow. So, I am trying to pay for one service instead of paying twice for the same service and get rid of my broadband card and only use my phone, after all its the same service but I run into problems with NAT as well, I am all setup except for being NAT3 and unable to connect to matches with ease. Does anyone have an update on how I can remedy this problem? I've tried a bunch of different things but I think I've narrowed it down to the phone itself, something makes it stay at NAT3.

hunterwrot

Reaction score
same problem here. i am able to play games and i usually have a good experience no lag but when i try to join some friends games it says that the game im trying to join does not support my current network configuration. Its driving me crazy. Xbox is fun but it is alot more fun when shared with friends.

torr58

Reaction score
Anyone know how to tether to ps3 cleanly?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

torr58

Reaction score
Answer: Root your phone (correctly I might add, I finally used 1 click root from market after a failed attempt with 'the unlockr') use wifi tether app from market, after a lot of persistence, tens of hours of frustrating dead ends, and frequent beer breaks I have finally converted my phone into a wireless 3g router or "hotspot" that my cpu picks up and ICS to a netgear router and wireless to ps3, getting a NAT 2, i get between 1 and sometimes around 2 mb download as a new tower went up nearby. Although the lag is there it is not as bad as people say, i watched a netflix and have zero stops during movie. for ppl like me it is the only option for internet service (no dsl, no cable), now I can get rid of my $60/mo moble broadband subscription, I deserve to be able to tether after paying for same exact internet on two devices over 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.