Nanoid Backups

FourFive

Reaction score
Hey so I'm currently running theorys IC3 rom on my Bionic, I love everything about it but I haven't had any data for a solid 24 hours. I am in no way blaming the ROM at all as I've been having a ton of data issues lately and I know ROMs dont effect the radio/kernel. My question is I'm not completely clear on how these nanoid backups work, I have them for every step of the process I've done but I'm unsure how it works and don't want to brick my phone. The thing I am not completely clear on is can I literally just boot into clockwork and restore from any backup for example, while I'm on theory's IC3 ROM I can go back and forth between my stock forever root and my IC3 without any additional steps?? Thanks for the help ahead of time, not that I have much hope for this update but it can't get much worse than it is right now and I'm trying to avoid blowing a gasket on VZ today over the phone.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, you can restore a stock backup when currently running a ROM, ROM over stock, ROM over ROM etc. It is best to wipe data and cache in recovery before restoring the backup though. Where it can get you into problems is restoring vastly different systems, like restoring systems with different kernels.

OP
F

FourFive

Reaction score
Awesome, just what I needed to know thanks for your time.