Naming New Folders?

Stigy

Reaction score
Click the folder once to open it. A popup box display its contents should appear.

On the top it should say "Folder" which is the current name. Press and hold on that and another box should appear allowing you to rename that folder.

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
Next question, how can I change that same folder's Icon? I created a 1-touch dial shortcut folder but would like to customize that folders Icon to something other than a manila folder :icon_ devil:

f150steeler

Reaction score
Same concept as above: Click the folder once to open it. A popup box display its contents should appear.

On the top it should say "Folder" which is the current name. Press and hold on that and another box should appear allowing you to (1) Rename Folder (2) Icon: Pick from IconPack (3) Pick from Photo (4) Crop from Picture. Just touch any and pick your icon picture

Stigy

Reaction score
Same concept as above: Click the folder once to open it. A popup box display its contents should appear.

On the top it should say "Folder" which is the current name. Press and hold on that and another box should appear allowing you to (1) Rename Folder (2) Icon: Pick from IconPack (3) Pick from Photo (4) Crop from Picture. Just touch any and pick your icon picture
Did you install any icon packs on your DROID?

I don't have the option to change the icon when I press & hold on the title of the folder. Maybe this becomes an option when an icon pack is installed from the market? Also do you have BetterCut installed as well?

Would love to know if that makes the difference. Thank you.

Trip

Reaction score
I did install an icon pack, and I DO have the option to change the folder based on the icon pack...gont have the other options to crop from picture, or whatever they where, that might come from another app.

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
ok, i downloaded an Icon pack but now it says I need "open home" to use them....what is open home?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
ok, "Better Cut" will allow you to change the Icon to anything you have on your screens. Although unless you are using the Home Replacement app "Open Home" the Icons will not look right and will only show a portion. If there is another program out there that will show the Icon properly on Stock Android 2.0 home screens I'd like to know as well.

rook

Reaction score
Ive been wondering for the longest time how to rename my folders. Glad I came across this!

xliderider

Reaction score
An app called Apps Organizer is really cool. You can give your apps "labels" to put them in categories, then you longpress on your homescreen, pick Apps Organizer and then pick a group like Multimedia. A folder with all your Multimedia labeled apps will be created on your homescreen. The best part is the icon can be chosen, and the labelled groups can be renamed and you can add your own labels/groups. You can assign more than one label to each app so the app can be in multiple folders, if you wish.

122609.png

In this screenshot of my side screen, the Multimedia, and the four folders on the bottom of the screen were all made with Apps Organizer. And the app is FREE. :)