N64 Emulator development

maxohkc

Reaction score
Hey I just stumbled upon this thread where developers were working on an emulator, unfortunately I think they might stop because zodttd said it would be out shortly. Take a look yourself and make the decision.
Porting Mupen64Plus to Android - Page 11 - EmuTalk.net

Zodttd said it will be out shortly... But I wouldn't take that seriously.

Varking

Reaction score
Zod should worry about getting his PSX emulators working better, as well as being more public when it comes to his projects, before porting his N64 emu to Android. Otherwise, it just comes off like he is trying to make a quick buck, again.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
Zod should worry about getting his PSX emulators working better, as well as being more public when it comes to his projects, before porting his N64 emu to Android. Otherwise, it just comes off like he is trying to make a quick buck, again.

The PSX emulator was a bit slow when it came out but its getting better. I just can't wait for a N64 emulator. But I understand your frustration.

matheusoc

Reaction score
mupen is not good even on PC

and n64 emulaters needs more cpu power, i doubt ours droid/milestones would run it someday

beneharris

Reaction score
i cant imagine that an n64 emulator would be fun to play on a phone. all of the games required so heavily on the joystick, that it just would translate into a control scheme nightmare.

at least *most* psx games, especially the earlier ones, only used the d-pad.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Meh, there are a lot of N64 ports to the DS and it only has a directional pad. They work well enough.

beneharris

Reaction score
yeah thats a good point. although its a physical dpad. i definitely find those easier to deal with as opposed to the virtual one on android.