Mysterious Market Force Close

Dramatdude

Reaction score
Ok, I've been running Liberty 1.5 for a long time. But I decided to try out the rooted gb, and decided I like Liberty much better, so I sbf'ed back to 2.2 and then restored my nandroid of Liberty. Everything worked fine. I had no problems. Now, all of a sudden, my market is force closing. I mean, I can't even open it. I tried deleting the cache, and data, no help. I tried installing a custom version, just to get rid of the version I had, still no good. Then, I restored my previous backup. STILL NO GOOD. I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty annoyed about it. Any thoughts anyone?

blrnstone

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing and I'm having the exact same problem. You figure it out yet? I'm stuck.

kevinkar

Reaction score
You've of course tried a battery pull? On stock non-rooted 2.2, I got this a number of times which was quickly solved by a battery pull. It went away with the 340 update.

blrnstone

Reaction score
Sorry, crazy week, haven't had time to respond.

Yeah, I tried battery pull many times. I've also tried reflashing Liberty 1.5 on top of my current build, and reflashing themes (because I read some people had FCs on their market after putting on certain themes). I'm probably going to sbf back to stock and reload Liberty and everything sometime this week if work slows down enough.

Way to friggin dependent on this phone ;)

matjmonk

Reaction score
Sorry, crazy week, haven't had time to respond.

Yeah, I tried battery pull many times. I've also tried reflashing Liberty 1.5 on top of my current build, and reflashing themes (because I read some people had FCs on their market after putting on certain themes). I'm probably going to sbf back to stock and reload Liberty and everything sometime this week if work slows down enough.

Way to friggin dependent on this phone ;)

Before you SBF have your tried clearing the cache through either system -> applications or using the wipe cache from Clockwork Manager? Might save you a bit of time and this sounds like issues other folks have had in the past after installing ROMS/Themes.

Hope it helps.

trustno1

Reaction score
I know its a little late, but I had the same issue. I cleared the data and the cache and then I uninstalled the updates and its working good now on the old market. Hope this helps.