My X randomly reboots...

coletrain

Reaction score
Hi, My X randomly reboots about once a day. No pattern...ie...during a call, web browsing, idle. It's not a big deal as it only takes about 20 seconds start to finish but it DOES suck when it happens in the middle of a call. Does anybody else have this problem? Please advise.

OP
C

coletrain

Reaction score
I DO have task killer, thanks. Is there an alternative task killer program that doesn't create this issue?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. I do not have a task killer. In my opinion, they cause more problems than they resolve. By design, the Android OS handles multi tasks and I feel it does it very well.

Mike

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Don't run tasks killers. If it keeps rebooting call vzw. They sent me my replacement next day air. I had the same issue. No apps installed and it rebooted like crazy.

OP
C

coletrain

Reaction score
Just deleted...will see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

CrashF16

Reaction score
Same issue. Got a replacement. There are some defective phones with this issue out there.

ericejs15

Reaction score
How is removing task killer working out?

I Have this issue as it usually does a quick reboot once a day. I'm wondering if its my task killer that i'm using or possibly because I'm using launcherPro as my home replacement? Any ideas would be good....hopefully I dont need to ask for a replacement but that may be the solution in the end

Droid X Case

Reaction score
Mine did that alot the first day but after the first week I haven't gotten too many problems with it shutting off. Just be aware, the Dx is on back order still. You have 30 days to return it for something else but i personally think the Dx is the best android phone on the market, even more then the D2 which has a lesser camera, thicker, smaller screen and no HDMI.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is removing task killer working out?

I Have this issue as it usually does a quick reboot once a day. I'm wondering if its my task killer that i'm using or possibly because I'm using launcherPro as my home replacement? Any ideas would be good....hopefully I dont need to ask for a replacement but that may be the solution in the end

ive had the X since release day. no task killer. you DONT need one

read link 7 in my sig to find out more..

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Mine has done this from day one,very frustrating! Did it today in them middle of writing an e mail up...Im waiting over 2 weeks for my new replacement phone...due to this and many other issues,mainly weak/no GPS signal,and freezing/spazzing keyboard.

stevem.fl

Reaction score
Droid X Randomly Reboots

I've had this problem on and off as well. It happened this morning when my alarm went off. I went to turn off the alarm and the phone rebooted. It also happens sometimes when I get a call. I do have advanced task killer installed as a recommendation from the sales people at Verizon (who seem to be clueless as to how to get the most out of the phone). I'll try uninstalling that and see what happens. My question though, is will my battery drain faster since task killer is not closing the apps that I'm not using?

I'm also waiting for the 2.2 Froyo update.

ericejs15

Reaction score
I have uninstalled ATK and am now on a up time of almost 40 hours without a reboot. I just wonder if my battery will drain more also? Does anyone know? I'd hate to have tons of apps running that I dont actually need to have running. Also, are users using Launcher Pro without any reboots? I uninstalled that too, so it could be launcher pro or ATK that was causing my issues.....Hope i didn't jinx myself