My WIFI problem

thegipper

Reaction score
Ok so this is my first annoyance with my droid, and to be fair i think it may be related to the router.

I searched the forums and read all the related threads :)
(Help with WIFI)
(WIFI issue)
(wont sync up to my wifi)

WiFi - works fine at my mom's house. Unsure of the model of the router\gateway she is using but its a linksys and an open network. (she lives on a farm, no need for elaborate security closest neighbor is out of range of router) I arrive there and Locale switches on my WIFI and i can browse the web fine.

WiFi - does not work at my house, here are the solutions i have tried

It was first on WEP 64bit, ssid on, G/B mode
next i tried
just g, than just b mode
than wap security, ssid on, G mode...eas and tkip encryption
than wap2, ssid on, G mode, than mixed mode again

next i tried 0 security, SSID on, G, than G/B mode

I tried using the default browser and Dolphin, and even tried Where app a few times just to be sure. I disabled and reenabled the wifi on the droid numerous times. I rebooted the router a few times, and the firmware is up to date. My macbook, wife's vista laptop and even a dust collecting wii, are all connected wirelessly without issue.

Here is the odd thing. When i go into WIFI settings it says:
status - connected
speed - 54Mbps
signal strength - excellent
security - open (currently)
ip - 192.168.0.7

My router shows that address going to a "new-host".
I can ping .7 from both my router AND my desktop.

I've run out of ideas, so anyone have any suggestions?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Just use your 3G at home. Wifi on a cell phone isn't that fast anyways.

Trever1t

Reaction score
^ what a totally lame and unhelpful response :( If you don't offer help you shouldn't post anything.

I have a similar issue, WPA2 encryption, I haven't tried adjusting the settings in the router yet but understood switching to TKIP to resolve this issue that a few of us have had. I have no issues connecting to the router, just no information is up/downloaded.

OP
T

thegipper

Reaction score
Thanks for saying what i was thinking.

Seems like we have the same problem, because i connect but nothing goes up or down.
I'm using WPA w/ TKIP, no luck.

FYI i'm using the verizon MI424WR that comes with FioS

Trever1t

Reaction score
My pleasure :)

I don't have the time (or skills) to dig for a solution, hopefully you get a more educated response than I can offer and an answer. It shouldn't be this complicated, Subscribed.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb but just to make sure you don't have MAC filtering on do you? There's a huge thread in the Motorola's help forums about this issue it might be helpful to take a look there. I kinda having trouble with my droid's wifi as well since it seems to hang when using youtube for long perions of time. Here the link to the thread if your interested: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16191?tstart=0

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Check to see if your MAC is on, if it is turn it off.

If it still doesn't work, it could be your wireless card in the droid.

Trever1t

Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb but just to make sure you don't have MAC filtering on do you? There's a huge thread in the Motorola's help forums about this issue it might be helpful to take a look there. I kinda having trouble with my droid's wifi as well since it seems to hang when using youtube for long perions of time. Here the link to the thread if your interested: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16191?tstart=0

Great link and it solved my issues! I just had to restart my router once!! :icon_ banana: I'm now WiFi connected and internet connected. No idea why that works but it did!

:)

forkup

Reaction score
I had the same problem at home and my solution was to enable a static ip. Just give it an ip on your lan and fill in the netmask and gateway info. When I need to connect to another wifi router I simply disable static ip.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Great link and it solved my issues! I just had to restart my router once!! :icon_ banana: I'm now WiFi connected and internet connected. No idea why that works but it did!

:)
Glad the link helped! :icon_ banana:

Adam510

Reaction score
Possible Wifi FIx

i was doing some experimenting with my phone trying to connect to an ad hoc network at a friends house and apparently i selected "use static IP" in the network settings... it took me a while to figure out that was the reason i was able tto connect to the wifi spot but was preventing me from getting data connectivity.

So, make sure u dont have "use static ip" checked.

lol good luck