My whole phone is just a mess right now... frustrated need serious help :( -Rooted DX

Mitch1313

Reaction score
Will try to explain everything in order and whats happened/going on.

Have a Droid X, just rooted it last night, seemed laggier once I rooted my phone, but didnt notice or really bother me today as I used it.
Last night also got GO Launcher, ROM tools, and the root also came with Superuser

So got go launcher downloaded some themes etc last night everything went go, played around with my phone all went well all last night and today so far,.

then tonight I decided I wanted to try GO SMS and GO keyboard, the emoji pack etc, instead of using Handcent, downloaded it all went well, started to change around stuff liked it, deleted handcent and the font packs etc.

Then all the sudden my phone just went crazy, GO SMS starting Force closing, freezing, phone started re-setting over and over and over, then I deleted GO SMS, and then I couldnt use any apps on my phone had to pull battery over and over for it to work, Market was force closing, I finally deleted all the GO launcher etc, and got ADW launcher, I downloaded ADW launcher before I deleted GO launcher also, then deleted it, and its still acting up, still being laggy frozen , and I cant even open up my stock text app to text anyone or do anything for help, whenever I try to do anything its just super slow and takes forever to respond, or force closes

I tried to go back into market to re-download Handcent and its not there now?? Super confused...
went into market and made sure all my apps were up to date everything is updated, phone still being super laggy, messing up, cant access my texts to text anyone

also I am currently charging my phone, it shows it charging with the lightning bolt but the % is going down down down. I'm at 8% now

I didnt freeze, or remove any stock apps or anything like that, all i've really done, is download launchers... and themes to mess around.

So confused, not even sure what to do at this point, phone is acting crazy, super frustrated..... makes me want to go to an iphone sadly... have had so many problems with my android, before root and now rooted its even worse :/

Anyone please help
frown.png

comk4ver

Reaction score
Any chance you have a backup if your rooted stock rom? If not then I recommend you factory wipe and delete cache... Or even sbf back and start over... Also, word of the wise use battery calibrate app every single time you root and/or flash a rom. Normally I have a backup of stock rooted before I start adding apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Mitch1313

Mitch1313

Reaction score
I think I have a backup

whats up with handcent???
its not even in the market anymore?

asked a few others they said handcent isnt in market anymore...

Need a new texting app now :/ not thrilled with chomp sms at all...

leftspin

Reaction score
sounds like you need to do a factory reset, also clear the system cache and dalvik cache

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I think I have a backup

whats up with handcent???
its not even in the market anymore?

asked a few others they said handcent isnt in market anymore...

Need a new texting app now :/ not thrilled with chomp sms at all...

Here is the link for handcent. I noticed it's not in the market right now either and don't know why. But I found it for you.

Handcent sms HomePage --sms plus software for android