My tips...

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
I have updated the first post...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH - your advice is greatly appreciated :)

What's the difference between GSM and UMTS?

I'm here in the UK with T-mobile. Should I select GSM only or GSM/UMTS?

My data downloads speeds are generally good - 1 mb to 1.7 mb per/sec

GSM is for saving battery, but the download speed it's not good, umts is for more speed, but the battery goes down more quickly...
if possible you can set only GSM...

hanybanoub

Reaction score
I can get 24 hours + easily with a pro...and I don't have to freeze a thing. 3 screens, 4 3rd party widgets and 6 (blur) quick contacts widgets running. I don't understand how some people are getting such poor performance from their batteries.

Incredible - maybe you got yours recently from a newer batch from factory?

hanybanoub

Reaction score
dettofatto, what is "Clean your dalvik-cache" mean and how does one do it?

lemodular

Reaction score
I can get 24 hours + easily with a pro...and I don't have to freeze a thing. 3 screens, 4 3rd party widgets and 6 (blur) quick contacts widgets running. I don't understand how some people are getting such poor performance from their batteries.

Incredible - maybe you got yours recently from a newer batch from factory?

Maybe.....got it in January

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
nice tips, is that code box all in the 1st post the items you deleted.... also, is there a difference in brand names of the exteded life battery, ie, mugan, seido, or the motorola extended battery. they show 1700 mAh but is one better? the seido japanese cell sounds like best deal and life for $$... its thin too...

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score

hanybanoub

Reaction score
Is the mugen battery heavy? Is it the same size, thickness, and weight as the standard?

Looking forward to your results!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
nice tips, is that code box all in the 1st post the items you deleted.... also, is there a difference in brand names of the exteded life battery, ie, mugan, seido, or the motorola extended battery. they show 1700 mAh but is one better? the seido japanese cell sounds like best deal and life for $$... its thin too...
You guys are comparing apples and oranges, if I understand the conversation. I'm going to make the assumption that the "core" of this discussion and debate over extended battery is that you want to increase the time between charges on your phone...increased battery life. The extended battery from Verizon is 1860mAh. The Seido and Mugan batteries are 1700mAh. Assuming the manufacturer rated their batteries according to established standards, there is no way the 1700 battery is going to out last the 1860...there some laws of physics that don't bend. The original battery in the Pro is 1460mAh. If price, weight or different back cover is your primary objective then don't by either extended battery. If increased battery life is the goal...then it's pretty clear to me which battery to buy. The price per mAh is almost identical.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Too bad HTC Express can't change their name to Moto Express and release a 1700 or 1800 OEM-size battery. Theirs are usually under $20 and everyone raves about them. Anyhow, I've been content with the stock battery since I'm generally able to plug in any time. Might be time to spring for an extended though.....

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Too bad HTC Express can't change their name to Moto Express and release a 1700 or 1800 OEM-size battery. Theirs are usually under $20 and everyone raves about them. Anyhow, I've been content with the stock battery since I'm generally able to plug in any time. Might be time to spring for an extended though.....
I think all the extended batteries are over priced, but hey, what can you do? I have the Verizon extended battery and it did increase time between charges by about 30%. It was worth the extra $$ and I can't tell the difference between the size or the weight.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I think all the extended batteries are over priced, but hey, what can you do? I have the Verizon extended battery and it did increase time between charges by about 30%. It was worth the extra $$ and I can't tell the difference between the size or the weight.

I would have done the same if I hadn't just had a Zagg Invisible Shield installed at the mall right after I got it. Didn't want to pay another $20 for them to shield the back again.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I would have done the same if I hadn't just had a Zagg Invisible Shield installed at the mall right after I got it. Didn't want to pay another $20 for them to shield the back again.
I can certainly understand that!