My Thunderbolt findings so far (must read for MBK)

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Alright, at first i was a bit nervous after reading some of the other reviews. But im sharing my own experiences so far.....First impression out of the box, it is simply beautiful! My entire D1 fits in the screen area itself. Its light and comfortable to hold once u get over how woderfully huge it is :) I kept it virgin for a day with all the OTA updates, i did not have any of the issues some had, no reboots, got home from work with still 62% charge after average use and minimal 4G (a few calls, a little browsing, some texting, and general playing) was pretty happy. Then i rooted it last night (which was AMAZINGLY simple and fool proof) installed DAS BAMF 1.6 remix and a kernel, put setcpu on it, set some profiles, screen off, charging...etc..... speed is even more incredible! Messing with itall morning and still 88% battery, hope to get 12-14 hrs out of this charge with STOCK battery. But the absolute best thing is the RAM. right now in systempanel it shows 36 processes and i stillhave 263M available....can this be true?!? Hell yes its true!! and it gets even better, kill most of the processes and i have 427M available!! (screen shots to come) Yes the battery is not as good as my D1, but the sheer performance MORE than makes up for it (for me personally).

For all of u still waiting to use ur upgrades for something better....WHY?!? The dev following for this phone is already OUTSTANDING, most of the phones i see ppl talking about that they r waitng for are still in "rumors" There is a BEAST of a phone that is out now! Sure wait for 4,6,8 months for something better (which will eventually happen) but guess what?!? 4,6, or 8 months after u get that phone a better one will come out aswell!!! So my recomendation, DROP what ur doing, get to verizon and GET THIS PHONE!
Yes it has its bugs for some, but so does EVERY other phone out right now, or in the future. try it out for urself....u might be as happy and surprised as i am :D

*im making this thread because i have read SO many negative threads on the TB, and i am EXTREMELY happy with mine so far and thought people should hear a positive report for once* (and partially because MBK needs to get one TODAY! i miss my metamorphy goodness ;) )

first shot = 32 processes, second shot obviously 3 processes.....AMAZING!

Last edited:

giff111

Reaction score
i am glad for a positive review. i too am very impressed with the phone. the only thing i have not done yet is root. never done it but sounds that it would be very beneficial if i do so. is it really that simple to do? and what method did you use?:icon_eek:

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
i am glad for a positive review. i too am very impressed with the phone. the only thing i have not done yet is root. never done it but sounds that it would be very beneficial if i do so. is it really that simple to do? and what method did you use?:icon_eek:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...dated-easy-root-available-3-step-process.html

i used that method...but i would recomend reading up on MOST of the posts there, i read through the section 2 times (some of the info that helped me was WAY far back in the pages) after reading it all and understanding as much asi could (it all made sence when i actually did it) its pretty fool proof. If u have rooted a phone before it should be no big deal. but READ READ READ before u take the plunge :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes the thunderbolt is a nice phone and the development for this phone is amazing. This phone is what I expected the dx and d2 to be. And sense is so much better than blur. Its the one custom ui that just work and is not overbearing or have to many services and features that takes away from the performance. Oh and since I am still big on the DROID notification I took root explorer and copied the DROID notification sound and moved it to my sd card on my droid. I then took my usb cord and transferred it to my desktop (yeah it would have been faster to send it to my dropbox but oh well). I then copied it on to the sdcard on my tbolt. With root explorer I copied (copy because if you move it and you run a rom later then you would have to do this all over again) it to /system/media/audio/notification after copying it there I did a reboot. After rebooting device I now have DROID as a choice in the notification settings.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Yes the thunderbolt is a nice phone and the development for this phone is amazing. This phone is what I expected the dx and d2 to be. And sense is so much better than blur. Its the one custom ui that just work and is not overbearing or have to many services and features that takes away from the performance. Oh and since I am still big on the DROID notification I took root explorer and copied the DROID notification sound and moved it to my sd card on my droid. I then took my usb cord and transferred it to my desktop (yeah it would have been faster to send it to my dropbox but oh well). I then copied it on to the sdcard on my tbolt. With root explorer I copied (copy because if you move it and you run a rom later then you would have to do this all over again) it to /system/media/audio/notification after copying it there I did a reboot. After rebooting device I now have DROID as a choice in the notification settings.

yes, yes i like it! must do it! T/Y for the info....would have never thought of that! haha

worked perfectly, and only took 3 min haha :)

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know quadrants are not accurate, but I gotta ask. What is the highest quadrant this phone can get on a safe overclock?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I've got 2000 pretty regularly @ 1450 and been very stable. There r kernels that go higher and r still stable, but I don't see the need for em haha

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. I get like 1600 on the fassy voodoo. Its a bit faster looks like.

Sent from my fascinate

ziggy484

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. I get like 1600 on the fassy voodoo. Its a bit faster looks like.

Sent from my fascinate

I loved my fascinate, voodoo comm rom was slick, but this phone blows it away, and im still stock unrooted. Every aspect is just better,

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great review. I think people who had issues got so upset they want to spread the word that this phone sucks...but it doesn't. My opinion is its the best phone on VZW right now.

ridin the lightning

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
there is a familiar name, glad u got a TB aswell yakitori!! lookin forward to ur beautiful themes on my TB! :D

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I'm another TB owner! Got mine 3days after release date. I just love this phone and how fast it is, with PLENTY of memory for any app I want to have.

I had two minor complaints, the sound wasn't as loud as my Droid playing music, the OTA fixed that problem plus I downloaded an equalizer app so it sounds great now. The OTA improved the battery life also, it's still not going to last two days like some seem to think it should. I charge it while I sleep and that lasts me for most of the day, as I'm sitting g at my desk at work I'll plug it in a bit while I'm not using it.

After the OTA I got a couple of reboots, not wheire the phone powered down but if I was surfing the net it would just shut down and go to my home screen. About a week ago I shut down, pulled the battery waited a minute, put it back in turned it on and not one reboot since then.

So for me this was the best available phone when I had an upgrade available. If you wait for the perfect phone in every way you'll never get another phone, just waiting for the one right around the corner.

I'll be happily riding the lightning for the next couple of years. Once I buy a product I don't care what comes out after it and if there's something cheaper, if I did I'd never be happy with anything I buy, that goes for TV's cars, laptops or phones.

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I do plan on doing theme work for the tbolt. I have a busy summer ahead though and its going to take up a lot of my spare time.

ridin the lightning

giff111

Reaction score
how can you tell if you have successfully rooted?dancedroid