My RAZR is not allowing me to connect via USB! Computer not recognizing ext. storage

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
When you hold down all three buttons, does that do a hard reset and just reboots your phone, correct?

Holding all three buttons while the phone is ON does nothing but cause the vibration motor to run constantly until you release them. Holding all three from a full power-off starts the phone into the Boot Mode Selection Menu for Recovery, AP Fastbooot and several other options. If you make no selection in that menu, after several seconds it will automatically boot normally.

word1114

Reaction score
i am having the same issue with my razr
it is showing that it is charging and won't give me any options to use on the PC
:blink:
it happened when i rooted it
my android version is 2.3.6

Laxdrum

Reaction score
i had this same problem and it turned out that the problem was that the cable didnt support anything but charging, I love these forums because they helped me solve my problem, thanks guys!

n8sdroid

Reaction score
i had this same problem and it turned out that the problem was that the cable didnt support anything but charging, I love these forums because they helped me solve my problem, thanks guys!

Same thing happened to me. it turned out it was the darn LG cord. very happy that i can now get music and photos from my phone to computer. thanks for the advice.

davidban

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem or if anyone could give me some guidance on my problem with my RAZR.

The past couple days I have been trying to figure out ways to upload music to my phone. I have MotoCast up an running, but can only get the wireless cloud streaming service to work. There is no option for me in the program to upload via USB like they say there is! SO FRUSTRATING.

For some reason, my computer does not seem to be recognizing the phone. It will charge, but that is it. I have tried switching the debugging mode for USB on and off and restarted both machines for each situation. NO LUCK.

I even tried downloading the drivers manually to my computer! Still nothing! If you guys had any advice for getting my computer to show the SD card on my phone while plugged in, that would be awesome! Or, let me know if there are any programs I should look into. Have already tried DoubleTwist, it was not able to locate my phone being plugged into my computer. Thank you for your time!
I have started having the same problem. There is no usb icon at the top to pull down. And happens on different computers with different cables, both of which used to work. Not using motocast (why do I need it by the way). The computer just fails to recognize that a device is even plugged in. Help?

DroidManLeslie

Reaction score
I guess it helps to read the whole thread...my problem was the CORD! Use the cord that came with the phone and everything works fine.:biggrin:

Thanks people!:hail::hail:

Precision_

Reaction score
To echo MonkeyMan, check the USB mode. To do this, pull down your Status Bar at the top of the screen on your phone, and then tap the USB connection bar to "manage your USB connection". There, you'll see 4 options for USB connections, and one is USB Mass Storage. That's the one I believe you are looking for.

Good luck! ;)

That just helped me tremendously. Enough so that i registered for the site. Great job you all do here thanks.

Olivia

Reaction score
Well I'm having same problems. I have the original cord that came with the Droid Razr and it worked fine before. I was able to transfer it worked files to my computer through my phone. I always choose USB mass storage, but now I'm having problems connecting to computer. I have ripped my phone, but I don't use any task killers. Once I messed around with it by restarting my phone then restarting my computer andthat time. Now it doesn't and I shouldn't have to go through all this crap just to get my phone to connect to my computer. It charges fine through computer though.

Olivia

Reaction score
Btw how in the heck am I'm supposed to edit my post to correct my spelling on this site.It's not even working right on my razr. I cannot backspace my edited post to correct anything. This is why I remember I hate Android.

Taks

Reaction score
Well I'm having same problems. I have the original cord that came with the Droid Razr and it worked fine before. I was able to transfer it worked files to my computer through my phone. I always choose USB mass storage, but now I'm having problems connecting to computer. I have ripped my phone, but I don't use any task killers. Once I messed around with it by restarting my phone then restarting my computer andthat time. Now it doesn't and I shouldn't have to go through all this crap just to get my phone to connect to my computer. It charges fine through computer though.

Did anybody come up with a solution to this problem?
Besides the suggestions to try a different cable or PC to connect with/to, which would be the logical first thing to try even before looking for solutions at this forum, nothing seems to help. Like most people, one day it was connecting to PC, the next day it was only charging the battery from PC, with no option in drop down menu for USB connection appearing any longer. Hard reboot also not successful.

Taks

crowbar3m

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with mine to. It will charge but no pull down to change it. Tried different cable, factory reset and different computer with Ubuntu. :blink:

Taks

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with mine to. It will charge but no pull down to change it. Tried different cable, factory reset and different computer with Ubuntu. :blink:

Got told by motorola support to give the phone in for support.

dwc2134

Reaction score
Try installing the motorola end user drivers (or repairing them if you already have them). Seems to have fixed the problem for me.