my phone will not enter recovery

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I have been trying today to get into recovery and have tried a few different things.

1) I CAN get into HBOOT but I cannot get into recovery from there.
2) powering on the device while holding volume down does not work either.
3) when in Rom manager trying to flash an alternate recovery it gets to 90% download and says an error has occured.
4) If i try to restore a previous rom from R.M. it does the same thing 1 and 2 does.
On 1 and 2 heres what happens. The phone reboots and gets stuck at the splash screen (the white HTC Incredible screen) and will sit there 2+ hours untill I am forced to do a battery pull or untill the battery dies.

Someone meantioned reflashing the PMB.IMG but I cant flash anything if i cant get into recovery correct?

Last edited:

droidjeg

Reaction score
Yes if the file is on your sd card it will start to install. You dont need to get into recovery for that

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
ok so now its on the root of my sdcard. From what Ive read everyone says it will automatically "update". Its not doing that umm im lost lol.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Is your sd card formatted to FAT32? If so, are you in HBOOT when trying to install the image?

helepolis732

Reaction score
My phone will also not enter recovery mode. I am trying to root it and when i try to do the step where i have to enter HBOOT by holding volume down + power button nothing happens I just have a black screen for over a minute. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
My phone will also not enter recovery mode. I am trying to root it and when i try to do the step where i have to enter HBOOT by holding volume down + power button nothing happens I just have a black screen for over a minute. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

What Ive found is to not let go of the power +volume down button untill you get to bootloader (the screen your looking for)