Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok, so no matter what I try, song/track info (metadata) from Spotify isn't displayed on my Sony Double Din radio in my Ford Escape via Bluetooth. Works perfect with my Xperia Z3.

Buttons do work though like pause/play skip track etc. Just no song info, just blank screen.

It does work and show in my F30 335i's iDrive screen perfectly.

Anyone else have this issue?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Try Google music. I dumped Spotify.
Same result.. Only thing that works is Pandora when I choose the built in Pandora input on the car stereo..

Same result with amazon, slacker, rhapsody etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sounds like a Marshmallow issue, not a phone issue?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No help here. My bluetooth device in my truck is pretty dumb. I just connect up and initially start my Google Play playlist from the phone. No info on the stereo. I have a watch for that. :p

Strange though that it's not working for you when another phone did. Kinda leans me towards wondering if it's a Marshmallow issue as well.

It does seem that my 6P doesn't have the "skips" when playing songs over bluetooth to that thing that the Note 4 had. Not that that helps you either, just something I found interesting.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My only gripe, and I just noticed this, is the top speaker is louder than the bottom. Maybe it's like that for most front facing speakers, but I've never had a phone with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My only gripe, and I just noticed this, is the top speaker is louder than the bottom. Maybe it's like that for most front facing speakers, but I've never had a phone with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
How did you hold your other phones, with single, back-facing speaker? I'm wondering if it's not just more a case of not being used to sound coming from that side.

With my Note 4, I always put the top to the left when I rotated the device, so the speaker was always on the back right and I'd do the cup trick to bring the sound around to the front, obviously, this'll make the right side a bit more sound heavy.

Whereas, with the stereo front-facing speakers on the 6P, the sound comes out of both speakers in stereo fashion (where available), so I'm wondering if the left (top) one really is a little louder, or my ears are just so used to sound coming from one speaker on the right side.

Because, I was playing Asphalt 8 the other day and one of the loading sounds is a car zooming from one side to the other. I clearly heard it slide across my "field of hearing" and the volume didn't seem to change at all. Ie, if it was going from right to left, it didn't get louder when it got to the left.

Either way, I'm loving the stereo speakers on the front of the device. I really am wondering if it's just my ears playing tricks on me. I guess the only way to really find out would be to get ahold of another device with dual front-facing, stereo speakers and test them, one after another.

There are times when I forget I don't have headphones on though. And that's cool.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My guess is... the top speaker being closer to your ear gives the impression of being louder. If you hold the phone in landscape, does it still sound louder?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it actually is louder, I even placed each speaker near the same ear and I could tell the top was a little louder. I mean, its not a ton louder, but enough to where I noticed. I held my G2 the same way, top to the left, bottom to the right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's when I notice it the most.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Ok let's confirm.. hold the phone in landscape with the top speaker on the left... then try it with the top speaker on the right. Does it still sound louder when on the right?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk. I feel like mine still sounded slightly louder on the right when I flipped it, but closer to even. Like I said, I almost wonder if part of it isn't just being so used to a device like this pushing the sound out one side.

Good thing I shut my office door for this experiment though. I had my eyes shut & rotated it back & forth a bunch of times.

Sent from my Nexus 6P