My milestone is good for another 6 months

pb8185

Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying the milestone in hong kong because I didn't do my research... I'm going back to the states in 6 months and no carrier supports 3G in the USA for milestone. Damn... maybe I'll just get a nexus one.

big_adventure

Reaction score
Why would you say that? That is patently false. At the very least, T-Mobile does. I don't know about ATT - I have the idea in my head that they do 3G on 1900Mhz bands, and I don't think that the Milestone does, but that information is available with a simple Google search.

No, you can't use it on Verizon or Sprint - hey use an entirely different technology.

If you have a question, I would recommend ASKING it next time.

OP
P

pb8185

Reaction score
unfortunately I have researched this information for a while now. t-mobile's 3G band is 1700/2100 MHz, and while milestone has 2100 MHz, the t-mobile 3G is a paired band, meaning it requires both 1700/2100 MHz (this is why the nexus one has the additional 1700 MHz band). I recommend you do more research before criticizing someone for not doing enough research next time.

big_adventure

Reaction score
unfortunately I have researched this information for a while now. t-mobile's 3G band is 1700/2100 MHz, and while milestone has 2100 MHz, the t-mobile 3G is a paired band, meaning it requires both 1700/2100 MHz (this is why the nexus one has the additional 1700 MHz band). I recommend you do more research before criticizing someone for not doing enough research next time.

Probably because I'm a moron.

I researched this after I spouted off with my post, and you are correct sir, TMo uses AWS (heh - Advanced Wireless Services, indeed) in the US for UMTS, meaning that 1700Mhz is the uplink and 2100 is the downlink. The Milestone does not support AWS. So buying it to work on US Tmo is a very, very bad idea.

If you live in the US, you should consider a Droid, I guess, given that Verizon is meant to have by far the best 3G net.