My kingdom for an Android version of iPiper

djrakun

Reaction score
Never heard of ipiper. Does it keep up with your fingering well? Would be a great deal cheaper than buying one of those electronic practice chanters for when you want to practice in public places without disturbing anyone. I would suggest posting your request to the developers of ipiper if they are willing and interested in developing to the android platform. Bc it is a pay app I doubt they are publishing the source so this group would have to write something similar from scratch

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Never heard of ipiper. Does it keep up with your fingering well? Would be a great deal cheaper than buying one of those electronic practice chanters for when you want to practice in public places without disturbing anyone. I would suggest posting your request to the developers of ipiper if they are willing and interested in developing to the android platform. Bc it is a pay app I doubt they are publishing the source so this group would have to write something similar from scratch

It does, although, at last check it was configured with the top hand on the right so rewritng wouldn't be all bad.

Last edited:

djrakun

Reaction score
That's kind of dumb. Maybe you got to hold the phone upside down, lol.

Out of curiosity, how to you play a high a?

djrakun

Reaction score
i tried my hand at this, but didnt do so well. I had the notion that i would just modify a soundboard app, but the prob with soundboard apps as they are written is they trigger the sound when you press the button down. you actually have to write the button to trigger the sound when button is not down because it is a woodwind. you'll need multi touch points to work at the same time, for example, when all buttons are held down it is low a, when all except the bottom button is held down it is low G. i'm not sure how many points the multitouch screen supports, but i doubt it is 8. maybe someone could do something clever like play the note down from the last button pressed. (if the 2nd to bottom button is pressed assume that every button above it is pressed. this will work for everything except open C but who cares really.

The conundrum is still high A. you have to hold the D button and the code has to be aware 'if D, and not E, then high A'. the rest really isn't that much harder then the soundboard suggestion, but that said i'm just not a coder.

i'm happy to lend my knowledge to anyone who is interested in running with this idea. i've attached my project thus far, which in reality is just someone elses project that i was using as a base