My Incredible gets very warm

fineazngod

Reaction score
Mine gets warm. I don't worry about it. My droid got warm. My storm got warm. If it isn't burning, smoking, or melting anything then I don't worry.

ChansteR

Reaction score
Mine gets warm. I don't worry about it. My droid got warm. My storm got warm. If it isn't burning, smoking, or melting anything then I don't worry.

In a way, true. However, in his case, it is getting warm from simply being in his pocket. If under use, that is normal but when doing nothing and getting warm, sounds unusual.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed this a couple of times as well. It appears that when the Incredible gets into a 1x EVDO signal area, the temp of the phone increases- and the battery life goes down quicly.

I am in Atlanta and I usually get a pretty strong 3G signal- and the phone does not get warm. However, if I go into a big store such Target or Fry's, the phone starts switching between 3G and 1x and it gets very warm- so much that I usually just turn the phone off until I leave the store.

This def true for my old lg chocolate phone. It'd warm up a lot in zones with no signal. Weird thing is though my droid didn't so this during the recent road trip I made. Then again I was surprised to have 3g almost every where even in the middle of nowhere LOL, you could just put it in airplane mode, that'd be less power intensive than powering off then on again I think.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
In a way, true. However, in his case, it is getting warm from simply being in his pocket. If under use, that is normal but when doing nothing and getting warm, sounds unusual.

I should have been more clear. Mine didn't get warm simply from being in my pocket. After it warmed during use, it remained warm in my pocket - all of this occurring while I was in the large, enclosed mall...

jpoutre

Reaction score
Mine gets hot when playing Pandora. Playing Slacker Radio it ran cool.