my icons randomly disappear...

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Every once in a while all my icons on my phone disappear and don't come back till i turn off my phone and turn back on, any one have any clue what that's about? haha

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while all my icons on my phone disappear and don't come back till i turn off my phone and turn back on, any one have any clue what that's about? haha

I'd say take it back and get another Droid. That is not normal Droid behavior.

You can try, if you like, to do a factory reset first. How long have you had the phone, did it start just recently?

irishdroid

Reaction score
I've had that happen every now and then. I seem to see it when coming out of the car dock or charging dock, but, it has not happened in a while. Lately though it happens when I log out of Homerun Battle 3D, the icons are gone and after 30 seconds or less they come back.

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
well i've had this one for like two weeks, i smashed my other one into the corner of a table when i was drunk and shattered the screen. but i only got that one january 31st. i'd prefer not to send it back. i'm hoping 2.1 will fix it when it comes out you think?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
it might be something to do with the game then cause i have homerun too and i play constantly.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I only see it right after I exit the game. What I mean to say is that as soon as I log out the game ends and it takes me back to my homescreen with the wallpaper but no icons. Are you seeing that or do your icons disappear at random?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
well i don't see it just after i exit the game, it happens randomly, but i see the same thing. my wallpaper is there but no icons then they reappear after 30 seconds or if i turn my phone off and turn it back on.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Mine has not done it at random in a month or so. I guess you could take it back or wait until 2.1 is pushed. OR, root to 2.1 and see if it stops. HRB3D is pretty sick when rooted and overclocked to 1Ghz.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've seen this before as well. I haven't seen it since I uninstalled Google Earth (the unrooted apk for 2.0.1). But I thought I remember this happening to my droid before I even got Earth, so not sure if that will fix it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Core Apps, I seem to remember noticing that they weren't running in my services the last time my icons went away. Anyone have any ideas on if that could be the problem and what could cause the Core Apps to die (aside from a task killer, of course)?

gloster

Reaction score
I have neither Google Earth nor HomeRun Battle 3D, but the disappearing icons problem happens to me as well.

GerryG35

Reaction score
Ditto. Of course I'm always in a hurry to do something so I don't analyze what happened before. I power it on and the wallpaper appears and then (I think) the notification bar and then it hangs. Usually cycling the power cures the problem. I don't have HomeRun but I just assume that some background process is busy using up all of the graphics cycles.

It strikes me that we love our Droids so much that, like ignoring the spouse who leaves the toothpaste cap off, we ignore these non threatening issues.

gloster

Reaction score
It strikes me that we love our Droids so much that, like ignoring the spouse who leaves the toothpaste cap off, we ignore these non threatening issues.

Wait a second....I'm supposed to ignore it when my wife leaves the toothpaste cap off? :huh:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No homerun here and its happened to me, not since I've been rooted and not on my first phone. First phone made it from nov until mid january. There are other threads on this topic as well.

crspang

Reaction score
I think it's a memory sorting problem when coming out of data intensive apps. Its happened to me several times but the icons always come back fairly quickly. I don't think its a problem though.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I think it's a memory sorting problem when coming out of data intensive apps. Its happened to me several times but the icons always come back fairly quickly. I don't think its a problem though.

Yup, coming out of homerun battle is when it happens. Used to happen once and again coming off of the car dock or charging cradle although that has not happened in a long while.