My first smartphone is an Eris!

pbutterfly

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Eris yesterday after comparing the Moto and Eris online and in the stores, and so far I am loving it! I have a LOT to learn, but it's so fun and useful!

My main concern right now is battery life. As it's my first smartphone ever, I am prepared for some battery-life shock, but I do want to be able to rely on the battery to last through my workday (usually about 12-15 hours)... and today that's not looking likely (charged to 100% last night at 9 pm, didn't use it until 5 this morning when it was already slightly depleted... and now at 9 am it's looking like it's at 50%). Does that sound typical?

I welcome any advice, and plan to spend a good amount of time exploring these forms in the next few days/weeks.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums! Battery life will of course always improve over time. Wifi over 3G wil always save you battery life, and turning down the brightness also improves it a lot!

OP
P

pbutterfly

Reaction score
thanks! I'll find the brightness and turn it down right now. While I'm at work and near a computer, I've turned off the wireless connect, figuring that will also help.