My First Cool Phone

samoore0341

Reaction score
This is my first phone that has been designed for more than texting and calling. I have the Motorola Droid and it is awesome. I love the market. I got the phone yesterday and i have all ready spent hours digging through the thousands upon thousands of apps. Just one issue, when the Verizon salseman transferred my contacts over it moved them over in quadruplet. Not just four different entries per contact either. But under each contact the same information is listed three more times. I'm having some trouble deleting the extras. Any thoughts? Other than that (which I'm thinking has nothing to do with the phone as my wife got one at the same time and did not have this problem) this is the neatest electronic i have ever bought for myself.

Sean

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey, Sean, welcome to Droid Nation! Have never heard of your issue before, but I'll bump you up and I'm sure someone can help! Have fun with that new toy and don't forget to eat and sleep!

OP
samoore0341

samoore0341

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I just got back from the verizon store. It is looking like my contact list problem is a google problem. Some blackberry users ran into this same problem when they synced their phones to their google accounts.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got back from the verizon store. It is looking like my contact list problem is a google problem. Some blackberry users ran into this same problem when they synced their phones to their google accounts.

Were they able to fix it for you or offer you a resolution of any kind?

OP
samoore0341

samoore0341

Reaction score
Not at this time. She said she would run the problem up to the Droids/Google techs. I will be sure to post any possible solutions. Fingers crossed

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. I think that Verizon should not be doing any transfer of contacts on any Google phones. They are causing more problems then they are helping people.

Link below has instructions to help you with your multiple contacts.

Merge Gmail Contacts

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. I think that Verizon should not be doing any transfer of contacts on any Google phones. They are causing more problems then they are helping people.

Link below has instructions to help you with your multiple contacts.

Merge Gmail Contacts

Hook to the rescue - again!

OP
samoore0341

samoore0341

Reaction score
Still took me quite a while to get it all figured out. (probably should have spent more time reading that page hook sent me) Let me summarize the process that fixed my multiple contact quandary.

1. Accessed my gmail account and merged multiple contacts

2. Selected to export contact list as Google cvs file and saved to my computer.

3. Plugged Droid into compute using usb/micro usb cord.

4. Drag and drop Google cvs file into phone.

:icon_ banana: