My e-mail not updating on its own

Reaction score
It seems like my e-mail only updates when I open the e-mail app. I have checked the settings on the account and unchecked the Update when opened box and have the update setting for every 15 minutes and it never updates unless I open the e-mail app.

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Steven

jseah

Reaction score
If you do a factory reset, any apps installed from the Android Market will automatically reinstall. Apps installed outside of the Market (i.e. Amazon App Store and apps installed from there) will not.

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I first had this issue but I went into the settings and set my peak time from 12am to 11pm, after this my emails would roll in as soon as I got them and I would receive notifications for emails.

I may be wrong or there may be another way but this is what I did and it worked for me, I also have my peak times sent to every 15 min

sent from the bolt

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Go to Settings>>Accounts & Sync

Uncheck the account, then re-check it.

See if that gets it going.

ziggy484

Reaction score
If you can,set the mail frequency to "push". this will make it instant... Also instead of the factory reset, just delete the email account, it serves the same purpose and you will only have to resetup your email and not your entire phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
W
Reaction score
If you can,set the mail frequency to "push". this will make it instant... Also instead of the factory reset, just delete the email account, it serves the same purpose and you will only have to resetup your email and not your entire phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

What are the steps I need to get to the "Puch" setting? I do not see it unless I am in the wrong place, Setting>Sync>E-mail