My Droid's "in dash navigation/music setup"

tu3218

Reaction score
So I got the dock for christmas and I always wanted to have a way to have my droid set up in my car in a way I could leave it there. Well I decided to mess with it and what I did was just take the actual clamp that you put the droid in, I took it off the mount. I had this space below my head unit and I figured theres gotta be someway to use this space. With the motorola dock and a couple clamps and bolts, I have the dock clamp in there. And it still can come out if I want to use the whole suction cup, etc. Well this is what I came up with. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah I would love to have a head unit with bluetooth. I wish there was a way to add it too my head unit now.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
That's a nice setup.

I've got a Sony HU with BT in my Bonneville, and to be honest, I prefer using the line in that I have set up in my Volvo. The BT is VERY finicky about when it does and does not work.

brochaos

Reaction score
that looks pretty good. i didn't want suction cups either, so i went with a cig lighter mount. my only problem is that it is harder than i thought to install/remove the mount. since i didn't want to leave it visible in the car. can you easily take your mount off and stash it in the glove compartment if needed?

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
that looks pretty good. i didn't want suction cups either, so i went with a cig lighter mount. my only problem is that it is harder than i thought to install/remove the mount. since i didn't want to leave it visible in the car. can you easily take your mount off and stash it in the glove compartment if needed?

yeah all I have to do is spin the clamp in the back and it can come off. But I figured most people won't know what that clip is if they do look in. Kinda just looks like a cover anyway.

wil318466

Reaction score
Questions :

1) Bluetooth FM transmitters suck, right? It seems everyone I know who had one complains of A LOT of static. Is there a viable option here?

2) Does bluetooth work well if its already installed on your car? in other words, does the droid connect well with the car's bluetooth?

3) how can you use navigation if your droid is all the way down there in the console? I need it to be up near the windshield so I don't have to look down. I'm a bit scared I'll hit someone if I keep looking down.

-Wil