My Droid just powered off and won't come back! Urgent--flying today!!

OpalCat

Reaction score
I need to leave for the airport in a few hours and doing it with no phone is going to be a majorly bad deal!!

My phone made a beeping noise--some kind of notification sound--which woke me up. When I went to pick it up, it was just blank. Off. No response. It had been fully charged but just in case I plugged it in. Nada. Pulled the battery twice. Nada. It seems to have decided to die!

What else can I try? HEELP!!

It's a Droid, running BB v.9 and I haven't messed with the OS recently at all, or installed any apps recently.

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
Update! It's powering on after plugging it into the wall charger AGAIN. I swear I've done all the steps many times, but this time it's working. I think I have a faulty usb port in the phone as the connection often feels wiggly...

papy72

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger or an aftermarket one?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets start by getting you in the right area. Are you rooted or not?

OP
OpalCat

OpalCat

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger or an aftermarket one?

Seidio cradle. And I'm traveling so I don't have anything else with me.

Lets start by getting you in the right area. Are you rooted or not?

I'm running BB v.9 so I thought that would imply that I'm rooted. Am I wrong? Can you do that without being rooted? (I mean yes I am rooted, I know that, but am I wrong in assuming that because I'm running it that people could infer that I'm rooted?)

Anyway it seems to be working now. Scared me and I want to know what happened though, so I can avoid it in the future!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Opal for future reference that "beeping" sound will always be for a low battery. (probably already aware of that)

These strange charging events seem to happen to people running ROMS occasionally.

If it keeps happening you may have to wipe and reflash or move onto a different ROM.

Glad you got it up and running though.