My droid has a mind of its own!!!!

mixedterp05

Reaction score
I always have my phone on vibrate (no sound for ALL notifications: calls, texts, emails, etc.) It's literally always on vibrate. It's almost like every 2-3 days my vibration settings go off and I have sound notifications. It seems like every time I'm at work in the office when my vibrate settings decide to stop working and someone texts me and i hear DROIDDDDD. If you can't imagine, it's pretty embarassing. PLEASE help me. Why do my settings turn off on their own?

Darkseider

Reaction score
I always have my phone on vibrate (no sound for ALL notifications: calls, texts, emails, etc.) It's literally always on vibrate. It's almost like every 2-3 days my vibration settings go off and I have sound notifications. It seems like every time I'm at work in the office when my vibrate settings decide to stop working and someone texts me and i hear DROIDDDDD. If you can't imagine, it's pretty embarassing. PLEASE help me. Why do my settings turn off on their own?

I do apologize for your Droids' behavior. You see Droidnet became self aware a while back and has since been able to do things on its' own. Particularly is the ability to call people by itself as well as browse the web to gain more information before establishing itself as our overlord. In your case I would think that Droidnet is just getting fed up with you trying to silence one of its' children and is making it known that it wants to be heard regardless of your preferences.

Threepio

Reaction score
its brain is a neuronet processor. a learning computer. It doesnt like being on vibrate. so it turns on its sounds.

for real tho idk...

Sweettooth

Reaction score
In all honesty, it sounds like your settings data is being cleared regularly which may have to do with a task killing or other app incorrectly configured to clear minuscule data and cache. However in my opinion, the most obvious conclusion to this is that your Droid has stealth-activated com.google.android.efficiency. This means that it has foreseen that the erasure of unimportant data, regardless of size, will allow it to better be served in different applications. This may also be an attempt to send ultra high frequency communications to other close proximity Android devices, an ability that was previously negated by your silencing countermeasures.

Last edited: