My Droid 2 screen is unresponsive and jumpy!?!

cameronnn.

Reaction score
My Droid 2's screen is unresponsive and jumpy and randomly opens apps, browser, etc. I think I'll take it to the Verizon store tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to help it now?:blink:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That sounds like a bad digitizer. All you can do to eliminate this as the cause of the issue is to clean the screen thoroughly but gently, remove any screen protector on the device, and do a proximity reset -- power the device off and then back on while pressing your finger against the proximity sensor on the upper left of the Droid's face. Keep it there the whole time the phone is booting. If none of this fixes it you have a bad digitizer and it needs replacing.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1
And btw, welcome to DroidForums! :)

That sounds like a bad digitizer. All you can do to eliminate this as the cause of the issue is to clean the screen thoroughly but gently, remove any screen protector on the device, and do a proximity reset -- power the device off and then back on while pressing your finger against the proximity sensor on the upper left of the Droid's face. Keep it there the whole time the phone is booting. If none of this fixes it you have a bad digitizer and it needs replacing.

DroidForums junkie!!

Taegost

Reaction score
How often do you reboot your phone? If you don't do it at least every 2-3 days word things can happen.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...